From The TV IV
Godsend is the twelfth episode of the first season of Heroes.
Starring: Santiago Cabrera (Isaac Mendez), Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet), Tawny Cypress (Simone Deveaux), Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah Sanders), Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Guest Starring: Clea DuVall (Agent Audrey Hanson), James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi), Zachary Quinto (Sylar), Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli), Thomas Dekker (Zach), Lisa Lackey (Janice Parkman), Matthew John Armstrong (Theodore "Ted" Sprague), Jimmy Jean-Louis ("The Haitian"), Kevin Chamberlin (Aron Malsky), Bobby Hosea (Male FBI Agent), John Ross Bowie (Attorney), Colby French (Hank), Stacy Haiduk (Elisa Thayer)
Godsend takes place two weeks after the events in "Fallout". Peter is still in a coma, Niki is in jail, but her confession has cleared D.L. of all charges. Hiro is pursuing the sword he will have in the future.
- Peter Petrelli’s hospital room, Manhattan. Peter Petrelli lies in a coma, still seeing images of himself exploding over and over again in his head. Nathan Petrelli and their mother Angela are at his side.
- Jail, Las Vegas. Niki Sanders is taken from her cell by an angry guard. His face is bruised where Jessica attacked him in previous days
- Bennet House, Odessa, Texas. Claire Bennet and Mr. Bennet watch a news report about Union Wells high re-opening. Claire tells her father that she can’t remember much of what happened that night. Mr. Bennet tells her it’s expected because of the trauma of the events.
- Primatech Paper, Odessa, Texas. Mr. Bennet looks at Sylar. He’s been pumped full of drugs. Hank (who played Claire’s biological father at Mr. Bennet’s request) tells Mr. Bennet that they’ve been unable to locate any powers in Sylar besides tenekinesis.
- Outside, Matt Parkman and FBI Agent Audrey Hanson watch as Primatech Paper is raided by Police units and the FBI. But it was all for nothing. Nothing suspicious was found. Matt tries to read Mr. Bennet’s mind, but the Haitian was there, and he got nothing.
- Museum of Natural History, New York City. Hiro Nakamura and Ando Masahashi have done some research and Hiro is convinced the sword he’s looking for is in the museum. Hiro’s powers have been fading, ever since he failed to save Charlie’s life, and he thinks the sword will restore them. They find the sword as part of an exhibit on Tanzeko Kensai. It has the mystery helix symbol.
- Peter Petrelli’s hospital room. Peter sees images of a laughing man mixed with his apocalyptic visions. Simone Deveaux comes to visit. Angela is upset because the doctors have no idea what’s wrong with Peter, an his condition could cause a heart attack if it doesn’t improve. After she steps out to talk to a doctor, Nathan tells Simone that Peter told him he thought he was absorbing too many powers. Nathan is angry with Simone for showing Peter the painting, knowing he’d chase after it. He asks her if she really believes it. Simone tells Nathan that she believes in Peter. Exasperated, Nathan relents and asks Simone to take him to Isaac so he can see what all the fuss is about for himself.
- Sanders-Hawkins House, Las Vegas. D.L discovers that Micah got into a fight at school because some kids called Niki a psycho killer. A visitor arrives at the house – an associate of Linderman’s, Aron Malsky. Malsky informs D.L. that thanks to Linderman’s influence, and Niki’s confession, the charges against D.L. have been dropped, and he is a free man, no longer wanted by the police. D.L. returns the $2,000,000 to Malsky, and asks if he’s square with Linderman now. Malsky tells him that he isn’t square, he still owes Linderman a debt, and Linderman may call upon him for a favor in the future.
- Museum of Natural History. Hiro reads about the sword – it belonged to a legendary fighter, and the sword helped him channel his power. Ando recognizes the symbol on the hilt of the sword – the mystery helix – and identifies it as being a combination of two Japanese characters – “Great Talent” + “Godsend”. Hiro is more convinced then ever that the sword will restore his power.
- Mohinder Suresh’s Apartment, Brooklyn. A man from the FBI has finally come to see Mohinder Suresh after discovering that several names on his list have been killed. The only reason Mohinder isn’t a suspect is that some of the attacks happened when he was in India. The name Sylar didn’t match anyone they know, and they assume it’s an alias. They do have news to report on one name Mohinder was unable to track down – Sarah Ellis. The picture is that of Eden McCain. The agent tells her Sarah’s body was discovered in Lake Ramsey outside of Sudbury, Ontario. She died of a gunshot wound to the head. The Sudbury police ruled it a suicide. Mohinder tells the agent he knew Sarah as Eden McCain, but he hadn’t heard from her in two weeks. The last time they spoke she told him she had something to confess.
- Primatech Paper. Audrey’s superior is angry with Matt and Audrey for the wild goose chase. She tells Matt and Audrey that Matt was spotted on tape watching Primatech every day for two weeks. Matt tells her that Mr. Bennet abducted people – him, Ted Sprague, who knows how many others. Audrey’s boss tells her that she’s benched. Audrey tells Matt to go home. The investigation is dead. Matt grabs Mr. Bennet by the neck and tells him that he’s not going to stop looking until he finds out what Mr. Bennet is up to. Mr. Bennet tells him “good luck with that.”
- Union Wells High, Odessa. Claire talks to Zach, who’s surprised she’s talking to him in public. He asks her what happened at Homecoming. Claire told him she doesn’t remember. Zach notes that lately he hasn’t been able to remember much of recent weeks either. Claire asked Zach if he could imagine them being friends, Zach said he couldn’t.
- Jail, Las Vegas. Niki’s lawyer told her the district attorney is going to seek the death penalty for Niki. Jessica and Niki had an argument in front of the lawyer. Jessica asked the lawyer to get her a psychiatrist, Niki pleaded with the lawyer not to listen to her, she isn’t crazy.
- Museum of Natural History, New York. Hiro decides that he needs to steal the sword. Ando says that stealing is not part of the Bushido code. Hiro says that if he doesn’t get his powers back, the museum will get destroyed anyway, so it’s a good deal for them. Hiro concentrates, but his powers are weakened. People are moving in slow motion. Hiro opens the case and removes the sword. He poses triumphantly with it in front of a dinosaur, then flees the museum. Ando finds him outside. Hiro draws the sword from his scabbard, but discovers that it’s a replica. The Linderman Group owns the real sword. Hiro puts the replica back.
- Isaac Mendez’s studio, Lower Manhattan. Nathan and Simone arrive at Isaac Mendez’s studio. Simone tells him that Isaac had been gone for a few weeks, and he took all his paintings with him, but stops when she sees Isaac’s paintings are back. Isaac has returned. He kisses Simone and tells her that he got back a few days ago. He told her he woke up at a clinic in Texas, clean, and doesn’t need the drugs to paint anymore. Simone is glad for him. Nathan sees the painting of the man exploding. He asks Isaac if he’d been talking to Peter. Nathan told Isaac and Simone that the last thing Peter said before collapsing was that he was the cause of the explosion. Nathan tries to hold on to his skepticism, he says that the world doesn’t work like that. Just then Hiro and Ando come in, telling Isaac that they didn’t get the sword, it’s owned by a man called Linderman. When Hiro sees Nathan, he enthusiastically shouts “FLYING MAN!”
- Abandoned Building, Odessa, Texas. Claire meets the Haitian at the abandoned building she did her fall from. Claire muses on “save the cheerleader, save the world”, and asks the Haitian if she’s saved, or is she still in danger. The Haitian tells her that she’s safe for now. Claire asks to talk to Peter Petrelli, but the Haitian warns her that Peter Petrelli is being watched, and Mr. Bennet will find out if she tries to contact him. Claire is upset, everything in her life has been a lie, and the Haitian took Zach from her too. She asks him to restore Zach’s memories, but the Haitian says that isn’t how his gift works, he can’t restore what he erases. The Haitian considers the special abilities to be a gift from God.
- Isaac Mendez’s studio. Hiro again tells Nathan about his trip to the future. This time Nathan takes it seriously.
- Nevada Desert. Ted Sprague practices controlling his ability.
- Abandoned Building, Odessa, Texas. Claire brings Zach to the abandoned building. She tells him she was making tapes for her parents, but now she's making them for herself, so she never forgets who she is. She has Zach record her as she deliberately jumps off the building and smashes on the ground.
- Jail, Las Vegas. D.L and Micah visit Niki in jail. D.L. Niki walks toward a guard begging him to let her hold Micah. The guard tries to hit her with his baton, when (apparently) Jessica takes control for a split second to catch and break the baton before Niki reasserts control.
- Mohinder Suresh’s Apartment Mr. Bennet comes to see Mohinder. Bennet says that Eden worked for him. He says that he should have come to him long ago and offers Mohinder the chance to work with him. Mohinder doesn't trust him and declines.
- Parkman house, Los Angeles Matt returns home. Janice is preparing to pack. Matt confesses to her that he can read people's thoughts.
- Peter Petrelli’s hospital room. Peter has more dreams of the explosion. In the vision, Nathan approaches him. Peter tells him that he absorbed someone's power, but he can't control it. Nathan wants to help Peter, but Peter says he can't, then he explodes. Peter wakes up from the coma, screaming.
- Peter Petrelli’s hospital room. Nathan returns to discover that Peter has woken up and left.
- Ever since returning to the present and failing to save Charlie, Hiro has gradually been losing his powers. He thinks the key to restoring them is acquiring an ancient Japanese sword.
- Isaac returns to his apartment.
- Nathan begins to believe that the explosion Hiro and Isaac warn about is real.
- Peter awakens from his coma, and believing himself to be the cause of the explosion, plans to flee the city.