The Office (USA)/Dwight Schrute
From The TV IV
Dwight Schrute is a sales representative for the Dunder-Mifflin paper company's Scranton, PA branch. He was given the title of Assistant to the Regional Manager by his boss, Michael Scott, even though it carries no authority or additional responsibilities. Michael will often put Dwight in charge of the office if he leaves for a period of time. Michael challenged Dwight to a fight, and the office watched them fight at Dwight's karate dojo. Even though they fought each other, Michael treats Dwight like a little brother, and has been proud of him at times, like his speech.
Dwight was named the North East Sales Association salesman of the year for 2005, and he gave a rousing speech at the yearly meeting, drawring from Benito Mussolini for inspiration.
Dwight is a survivalist and a nerd, and he enjoys paintball, anime, karate, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, law enforcement, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and calling radio shows to win prizes. Dwight's favorite movie is The Crow.
Dwight runs a beet farm with his brother Mose. Dwight is also a volunteer sheriff's deputy for Lackawanna county on the weekends. He owns a maroon early 1980's Pontiac Firebird, and he crashed into a pole while trying to get to Michael's house to pick him up after his injury.
In the office, Dwight is often pranked by Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly. Dwight and co-worker Angela are dating, but have kept their relationship quiet from the rest of the office. For Valentine's Day, Dwight gave her the key to his house.
- 1x03 - Health Care Michael asks Dwight to select the company's health care plan.
- 1x04 - The Alliance Dwight proposes an alliance with Jim to avoid downsizing.
- 2x03 - Office Olympics Dwight goes with Michael to close on the town home, and we learn Dwight runs a beet farm.
- 2x06 - The Fight Dwight and Michael fight at Dwight's karate dojo.
- 2x09 - E-Mail Surveillance Dwight and Angela make out at Jim's party.
- 2x12 - The Injury Dwight gets a concussion from his accident, and begins acting differently around the office.
- 2x17 - Dwight's Speech Dwight wins the salesman of the year award, and gives a speech.
- 2x12 - The Injury - Dwight crashes his Firebird into a pole and gets a concussion, then pukes on his car before driving off.
- 2x17 - Dwight's Speech - Dwight gives a speech to the North East Sales Association where he uses a Benito Mussolini speech as inspiration.
- Dwight: So you got the fax. So why didn’t you add it to the résumé? What do you mean? Of course martial arts training is relevant. Oh excuse me! I know about a billion Asians that would beg to differ. Uh, yeah I get a little frustrated when I’m dealing with incompetence. Well you know what? You can go to hell too, and I’ll see you there, burning! Fine…oh wait, so you’ll let me know when you’ve made a decision?(2x05 - Halloween)
- Dwight: When I was in the sixth grade I was a finalist in our school spelling bee. It was me against Raj Patel. And I misspelled, in front of the entire school, the word ‘failure’. (2x17 - Dwight's Speech)