The Office (USA)/The Injury
The Injury is the twelfth episode of the second season of The Office, and the eighteenth episode overall.
Guest Stars: Julia Prud'homme (Technician)
Michael calls into the office indicating that he has suffered an emergency injury: burning his foot on his George Foreman grill. Upon hearing this, Dwight rushes to Michael's rescue. In his haste, he runs his car into the pole at the parking lot. When Michael returns to the office, he tries to draw attention to his injury and garner some sympathy, but does not get the response he hoped for. Meanwhile, Dwight shows some odd behavior, likely from a concussion from his car accident. Michael's over-dramatization of his own injury, however, tends to over-shadow Dwight's injury.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Michael's speech at the beginning of the episode about clamping his foot on a George Foreman grill.
- Michael: Morning, everyone. Don't freak out -- I forbid anybody to freak out. Clearly, I have had a very serious accident, but I will recover, God willing. I just want to be treated normally today. Normal would actually be good, considering the trauma that I've been through.
Pam: You missed two big conference calls today, one with corporate.
Michael: Oh, did you explain why?
Pam: No, I didn't mention that you cooked your foot.
Michael: Burned my foot, Pam.
- Michael: Please stop popping my cast. Thank you.
- Michael: Do you know what it's like to be disabled?
Phyllis: Um, I had scoliosis as a girl.
Michael: Never heard of it. No, a real disability, not a woman's trouble.
- Michael: The point is, I am the only one here who has a legitimate disability. Although I'm sure Stanley has had his fair share of obstacles.
Stanley: I'm not disabled, and neither are you.
Michael: Okay. What does this look like to you, Stanley?
Stanley: Mailboxes, Etc.
- Michael: Imagine if you had left Stevie Wonder on the floor of that bathroom instead of me.
Phyllis: Oh, we wouldn't. We love Stevie Wonder.
Michael: I burned my foot!
- Dwight: Where are we going?
Jim: We're going to Chuck E Cheese.
Michael: Chuck E Cheese? Oh, God, I'm so sick of Chuck E Cheese.
Jim: We're going to the hospital, Michael.
Michael: I know. I'm just saying.
- Michael: Give me the bottle or you're fired.
Dwight: You can't fire me, I don't work in this van.
- Billy Merchant: Hey everyone, I'm Billy Merchant. You may have seen me around here before. I'm the properties manager of this office park.
Michael: You are so brave. You are so brave.
Billy Merchant: Thank you. Actually, I've been meaning to come by here for a long time —
Michael: But it's hard for you, right? Because you're in a wheelchair.
Billy Merchant: ... No, I just have a lot of properties to manage.
Michael: Let me ask you something. How long does it take for you to do something simple every day? Like... like brush your teeth in the morning.
Billy Merchant: I don't know, like thirty seconds?
Michael: Oh my God. That's three times as long as it takes me.
- Overall Grade: N/A with 0 reviews
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0
- Be the first to write a review!