The Office (USA)/The Secret
From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
The Secret is the thirteenth episode of the second season of The Office, and the nineteenth episode overall.
- Jim's crush on Pam is revealed to the office.
- Oscar's crush on "Gil" is revealed to a naive Dwight.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Jim: Yeah, on the booze cruise, I told Michael about some feelings I used to have for Pam. I'd just broken up with Katy and had a couple of drinks, and I confided in the world's worst confidant.
- Dwight: Listen, temp, I am conducting a little investigation, so I am no longer going to be able to head up spring cleaning. Do you think you can handle it?
- Ryan: Yeah, I think I can handle it.
- Dwight: Do you think... or do you know?
- Ryan: I think.
- Dwight: As a volunteer sheriff's deputy, I've been doing surveillance for years. One time, I suspected an ex-girlfriend of cheating on me, so I tailed her for six nights straight. Turns out, she was. With a couple of guys, actually, so... mystery solved.
- Dwight: Guess what I found out about Oscar tonight. He was lying about being sick! Should I have reported Oscar's malfeasance? Hmm... probably, but now I know something he doesn't want me to know. So I can use his malfeasance to establish leverage. Otherwise, it's just malfeasance for malfeasances's... sake.
- Michael: People are always coming to me -- "Michael, I have a secret. You're the only one I trust." No, thanks. Because keeping a secret can only lead to trouble. Like, I was watching Cinemax the other weekend. This movie, "Portrait of a... Prostitute"... something... "Secrets of a Call--"... "More Secrets of a Call Girl". And the lead character, Shiloh, is framed for murder, goes on the run, and winds up working at a bordello in Malibu. I don't want to live like that. I like it here. I don't wanna be Shiloh. I like being Michael Scott.