|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
The great dane detective Scooby-Doo first appeared in a long running series of Saturday morning cartoon shows, airing from 1969 to 1985, and subsequently in additional series and films, both animated and live-action, proving to be one of the most enduring Hanna-Barbera franchises.
|The Scooby-Doo Show||Animated series||CBS||1969–1976||Originally with the titles Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (1969-1972 and 1974-1976) and The New Scooby-Doo Movies (1972-1974).|
|The Scooby-Doo Show||Animated series||ABC||1976–1985||The continuation of the CBS series, airing under several different names, and occasionally as as the anchor of a larger programming block. Also including five TV movies, airing between 1979 and 1994.|
|A Pup Named Scooby-Doo||Animated series||ABC||1988–1991||Featuring Scooby & Co. as kids.|
|Scooby-Doo/Specials||Specials and movies||Cartoon Network||2001||Including feature films, stand-alone-specials, ets. Several direct-to-DVD releases.|
|What's New Scooby-Doo?||Animated series||The WB||2002–2006||Also ran on Cartoon Network concurrently|
|Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!||Animated series||The CW||2006–2008|
|Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated||Animated series||Cartoon Network||2010–2013|
|Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!||Animated series||Cartoon Network||2014|
Scooby Doo has been featured in comic books since his first season four decades hence. His appearances:
- Gold Key (Western Publishing): 30 regular issues, 4 March Of Comics premiums (in conjunction with Sears), Dec. 1969 - Dec. 1974, as Scooby-Doo...Where Are You! issues 1-16 and 26 (reprint of issue #6); as Scooby-Doo Mystery Comics issues 17-25, 27-30
- Charlton: 11 issues, Feb. 1975 - Oct. 1976, as ...Where Are You!
- Marvel: 9 regular issues (7 issues had lead-in stories in issues of Dynomutt), 13 issues of Laff-A-Lympics (appearances as Scooby Doobies captain), 2 appearances in special issues (Yogi Bear's Easter Parade and Laff-A-Lympics: The Man Who Stole Thursdays), Aug. 1977 - Feb. 1979
- Harvey Comics: 3 issues (reprints from Charlton stories), June 1992 - Dec. 1992
- Archie Comics: 21 regular issues, 1 special appearance (Hanna-Barbera Christmas Parade), plus 1 issue of A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Aug. 1995 - May 1997
- DC Comics: 159 regular issues plus 4 special issues, June 1997 - Sept. 2010 as Scooby Doo; Oct. 2010 - present as Scooby Doo, Where Are You? (first issue on sale in October 2010)
- A special 2000 publication by Time-Warner from Cartoon Network featured a comic story that had the Scooby Doo gang meeting the Powerpuff Girls.