The great dane detective Scooby-Doo first appeared in a long running series of Saturday morning cartoon shows, airing from 1969 to 1985, and subsequently in additional series and films, both animated and live-action, proving to be one of the most enduring Hanna-Barbera franchises.
|The Scooby-Doo Show||Animated series||CBS||1969–1976||Originally with the titles Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (1969-1972 and 1974-1976) and The New Scooby-Doo Movies (1972-1974).|
|The Scooby-Doo Show||Animated series||ABC||1976–1985||The continuation of the CBS series, airing under several different names, and occasionally as as the anchor of a larger programming block. Also including five TV movies, airing between 1979 and 1994.|
|A Pup Named Scooby-Doo||Animated series||ABC||1988–1991||Featuring Scooby & Co. as kids.|
|Scooby-Doo/Specials||Specials and movies||Cartoon Network||2001||Including feature films, stand-alone-specials, ets. Several direct-to-DVD releases.|
|What's New Scooby-Doo?||Animated series||The WB||2002–2006||Also ran on Cartoon Network concurrently|
|Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!||Animated series||The CW||2006–2008|
|Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated||Animated series||Cartoon Network||2010–2013|
|Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!||Animated series||Cartoon Network||2014|
|Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?||Animated series||Boomerang||2019|
Scooby Doo has been featured in comic books since his first season four decades hence. His appearances:
- Gold Key (Western Publishing): 30 regular issues, 4 March Of Comics premiums (in conjunction with Sears), Dec. 1969 - Dec. 1974, as Scooby-Doo...Where Are You! issues 1-16 and 26 (reprint of issue #6); as Scooby-Doo Mystery Comics issues 17-25, 27-30
- Charlton: 11 issues, Feb. 1975 - Oct. 1976, as ...Where Are You!
- Marvel: 9 regular issues (7 issues had lead-in stories in issues of Dynomutt), 13 issues of Laff-A-Lympics (appearances as Scooby Doobies captain), 2 appearances in special issues (Yogi Bear's Easter Parade and Laff-A-Lympics: The Man Who Stole Thursdays), Aug. 1977 - Feb. 1979
- Harvey Comics: 3 issues (reprints from Charlton stories), June 1992 - Dec. 1992
- Archie Comics: 21 regular issues, 1 special appearance (Hanna-Barbera Christmas Parade), plus 1 issue of A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Aug. 1995 - May 1997
- DC Comics: 159 regular issues plus 4 special issues, June 1997 - Sept. 2010 as Scooby Doo; Oct. 2010 - present as Scooby Doo, Where Are You? (first issue on sale in October 2010)
- A special 2000 publication by Time-Warner from Cartoon Network featured a comic story that had the Scooby Doo gang meeting the Powerpuff Girls.