From The TV IV
Unexpected is the sixteenth episode of the first season of Heroes.
Starring: Santiago Cabrera (Isaac Mendez), Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet), Tawny Cypress (Simone Deveaux), Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Guest Starring: Zachary Quinto (Sylar/"Zane Taylor"), James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi), Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet), Matthew John Armstrong (Theodore "Ted" Sprague), Bill Fagerbakke (Steve R. Gustavson), Lisa Lackey (Janice Parkman), Jimmy Jean-Louis ("The Haitian"), Rusty Schwimmer (Dale Smither), Stana Katic (Hana Gitelman), Christina Haag (Beth Lindall), Stan Lee (Bus Driver)
With: Missi Pyle (Hope)
- Primatech Paper: Matt joins up with Ted and Hana when he's given more proof that Primatech is up to some kind of tracking system involving people with powers. It's also shown that Primatech has been at this for a while because Claude has been evading them for what seems like a very long time and had fooled Mr. Bennet into believing he was dead. The three manage to corner Bennet in his home without the aid of the Haitian to protect his mind, meaning that Matt will likely uncover what exactly his plot is.
- Hiro: Hiro's powers have taken on a new form, now he can cause time to roll back. Although it seems like he can roll back a certain object's movement along a timeline, it is uncertain what exactly his powers can do.
- Sylar: Sylar has gained another power following his murder of Dale Smither. He now has superhuman hearing which allows him to hear noises as quiet as heartbeats and as far away as 40 miles. He's become somewhat impaired by this power though because he is unable to adjust to the amount of sound that he now hears.
- Mrs. Bennet: Due to repeated mindwipes from the Haitian man, the part of Sandra Bennet's brain which deals with memory and the ability to recall stored information has been permanently damaged. She regularly bounces from completely fine to unsure of who she is from time to time.
- Simone: Isaac accidentally shoots Simone twice in the chest when he's confronted by an invisible, angry Peter Petrelli in his studio. The gun was given to him by Mr. Bennet.
- Cameo: The bus driver is played by Stan Lee, creator of popular Marvel Comics characters like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Captain America and Hulk. He frequently appears in similar cameo roles in the movie adaptations of characters he created.
- Missing in Action: Niki, Micah and D.L. do not appear in this episode.