Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Doublemeat Palace
Doublemeat Palace is the twelfth episode of the sixth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and twelfth episode overall.
Co-Starring: T. Ferguson (Gary), Marion Calvert (Gina), Douglas Bennett (Phillip), Andrew Reville (Timothy), Kevin C. Carter (Mr. Typical), John F. Kearney (Elderly Man), Sara Lawall (Housewife Type), Victor Z. Isaac (Pimply Teen)
Buffy gets a job working at the fast-food restaurant Doublemeat Palace to help with finances. Observing the strange behaviour of the workers, added to the oft-disappearing employees and the mystery surrounding the secret ingredient, Buffy puts a sickening picture together. Meanwhile, Willow’s recovery gets hampered when Amy gives her some unwanted power.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Willow: You should have seen their headquarters. It was, like, the nerd natural habitat.
- Anya: Okay, see, this is why demons are better than people.
- Willow: Interesting turn.
- Anya: When I was a vengeance demon, I caused pain and mayhem, certainly. But I put in a full day's work doing it, and I got compensated appropriately.
- Xander: Welcome to today's episode of Go, Money, Go. I hear it daily.
- Willow: Yup, for the rest of your life.
- Anya: But supervillains want reward without labour, to make things come easy. It's wrong. Without labour there can be no payment, and vice versa. The country cannot progress. The workers are the tools that shape America.
- Buffy: Good to know. I was kinda feeling like a tool. And now I know why.
- Buffy: Wow. They're all so... identical.
- Manny: Yeah. They all start to look the same to me, too.
- Buffy: Oh, no. Not the employees, the chicken slices.
- Buffy: You hit so many buttons. It was, like, buttonpalooza.
- Manny: You don't need to be in there.
- Buffy: Sorry. I was just curious.
- Manny: Curiosity killed the cat.
- Buffy: Theory #5: Cat burgers.
- Xander: It's fast food. I have swum these murky waters, my friend. There's the assorted creepiness, there's staring, there's the enthusiastic not-showing-up-at-all. I think you're seeing demons where there's just life.
- Anya: After Willow gave us the "whoosh!" engagement party, I got slack on the planning 'cause I figured she'd help. But, well, now that's all been blown to hell.
- Willow: Hey, standing right here. Standing right exactly here.
- Anya: Sorry. Didn't mean to tempt you. (whispers to Dawn) Everyone's so delicate.
- Buffy: I'm working. Go away.
- Spike: Yeah, and you chose to be in the consumer service profession and I'm a consumer. Service me.
- Halfrek: Tell me more about Xander.
- Anya: You keep asking about him. I mean, do you think I'm making a mistake?
- Halfrek: Do you?
- Anya: Well, no. Xander, he... he's very kind, and brave, and he has the sweetest smile, and the nicest body, and he loves me. Sometimes it isn't easy, but he does.
- Halfrek: Who told you that it isn't easy to love you?
- Anya: Well, you know, I'll do something, or say something, and then he has to say stuff like, "It's incorrect for you to appreciate money so much" or, "Observe. Here's how a real human would behave."
- Xander: Say, Buff, did you ever see Anya as a demon? 'Cause if that's it? Whoa!
- Buffy: Xander, you ate the burger?
- Xander: Well, first you say it's cat. Then you come in, hand me a burger. Blah, blah, blah. Five minutes later, "Oh, and by the way, it happens to be hot delicious human flesh"?
- Buffy: I needed that burger to analyse it. Now I'm gonna have to get another one.
- Xander: That's your problem with this scenario? You getting seconds?
- Anya: I'm here! I'm here.
- Dawn: We're doing chemistry.
- Anya: Oh. So sorry I hurried.
- Willow: Amy, if you really are my friend, you better stay away from me. And if you really aren't... you better stay away from me.
- Buffy: Wait. The secret ingredient in the beef is... beef?