Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Dead Things
Dead Things is the thirteenth episode of the sixth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and thirteenth episode overall.
As Buffy sinks further into the dark with Spike, the Trio use an instrument to get women to do their bidding. However, things get out of hand and their situation turns deadly serious. They then use Buffy as a means of covering their tracks, forcing the Slayer to see where she really is.
Monster of the Week
- There is no monster of the week in this episode as it dealt mainly with the Trio.
|1||Katrina||Warren||Pushed on the stairs||The Trio's 2nd Lair|
|4||Demon||Spike||Torn out heart||Cemetery|
- Makin' With The Love: Buffy reveals to Tara that she's been sleeping with Spike.
- I Was Made to Love You: The robotic girlfriend Katrina brings up when Warren approaches her is April, the robot woman Warren built and abandoned who attempted to kill Katrina.
- Chronology: According to the date on Warren's computer, this episode take place around February 5, 2002-- the same day that the episode aired.
- Music: The music that plays when Buffy and Spike are on opposite sides of the crypt is "Out of This World" by Bush.
Behind the Scenes
- Edited Scene: The opening scene was edited down because it used too much raw footage. In the scenes where Spike mentions bite marks after sex and Buffy hides her wrists from Tara, the reasons for the actions are explained or shown.
Allusions and References
- David Lynch: David Lynch is the creator and director of many unusual films like Eraserhead and Dune along with the television series Twin Peaks. Although he is lauded as a creative genius, his plots are also often criticized as being confusing. The fight scene in which Buffy "kills Katrina" was shot very similarly to the way David Lynch shot Twin Peaks, particularly the confused quick cuts. This is explained in the episode as a localized temporal imbalance.
- Buffy: So that's why time went all David Lynch?
- Buffy: We missed the bed again.
- Spike: Lucky for the bed.
- Buffy: You know, this place is okay for a hole in the ground. You fixed it up.
- Spike: Well, I ate a decorator once. Maybe something stuck.
- Spike: You see, you try to be with them, but you always end up in the dark... with me. What would they think of you if they found out all the things you've done? If they knew who you really were?
- Buffy: Don't.
- Spike: Stop me.
- Andrew: What happens now?
- Jonathan: Well, the night's young. Gotta be some more girls we could kill.
- Buffy: I'll show them.
- Spike: Show them what?
- Buffy: What did you do?
- Spike: I took care of it.
- Buffy: What did you do?
- Spike: What I had to. I went back and I took care of it. It doesn't matter now. No one will ever find her.
- Cop #1: Where'd they find her?
- Cop #2: The river. She washed up half a mile from the cemetery.
- Spike: Oh, balls.