Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Epiphanies
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Epiphanies is the thirteenth episode of the second season of Battlestar Galactica, and is the twenty-sixth episode overall.
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Helo), Paul Campbell (Billy Keikeya), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (PO Dualla)
Co-Stars: Luciana Carro (Louanne "Kat" Katraine), Bodie Olmos (Brendan "Hot Dog" Constanza), Leah Cairns (Racetrack), David Richmond-Peck (Naylin Stans), Holly Dignard (Asha Janik), Jennifer Kitchen (Marine)
- This episode had the highest Nielsen rating of the evening for Sci Fi Friday.
- The Cylon-sympathizers bomb the Colonial fleet's tylium refinery ship.
- Gina is now in the leadership of the Cylon appeasement faction of the fleet. They are unaware that she is a Cylon.
- Laura's cancer worsens, and she orders Boomer's baby aborted.
- Expecting to die, Laura writes a less-than-complimentary letter to Baltar, her successor as President.
- Laura is apparently cured by an infusion of a serum produced using the Cylon-Human hybrid's foetal blood, which contains disease-fighting capabilities.
- Baltar reads the letter that the President wrote him in the event of his death, becomes enraged at some of the less complimentary things Roslin wrote, and sends the nuclear warhead that he was using for his Cylon detector to Gina.
"Peace Now" pamphlets
A MANIFESTO TO NEGOTIATE AN END TO THE SLAUGHTER
(Inside, read by Colonel Tigh)
Do not be afraid, we are not terrorists, but we will not sit back while Adama's war machine continues to press us into cruel and futile conflict.
- Only open dialogue can save mankind.
- The military is the servant, not the master of the fleet.
- The Cylons will respond to reasonable dialogue.
- Democracy is the key to responsible decision making for the future of mankind.
- Man and Cylons can coexist in peace.
- We are at the dawn of a new beginning for mankind.
- The enemies of peace are the enemies of mankind.
Roslin's letter to Baltar
President Baltar, I offer my sincere congratulations. I say that knowing we've had our differences, and that you take office despite my many reservations. You may be the most brilliant person I've ever met, but your intelligence is unleavened by compassion. You must be reminded of your ethical responsibilities and challenged to rise above your own selfish needs. I don't write this to hurt you, but to beg you to open your heart. Understand that the people in the fleet look to you not only for leadership, but for solace. Justice. Find a way to give them that, and you will be a great leader.
Allusions and References
- [Apollo, Starbuck, and a squad of Marines are in Galactica's armament-producing facility]
Apollo: (to Starbuck) Let's do this quietly.
[approaches suspected terrorist]
Apollo: Asha Janik?
Asha: Captain Adama. I have a message for your father. (shrieking) They may take me-
Apollo: Okay, stop her.
Asha: -but I'm one of many! We have declared war against Galactica's army of death! The Cylons aren't our true enemy, it's the military that refuses to negotiate! All we want is peace! Demand Peace! DEMAND PEACE!
[Asha is dragged off by the Marines, Galactica crew watching silently]
Starbuck: So much for being discreet, huh?
- [Tylium refinery ship terrorist]
Bomber: None of us wants to die, but the fighting must end. If my sacrifice sends a signal to the Cylon that brings peace, then it was worth it. I do this for my children and for the children that will follow them. God's will. Demand peace. Demand peace.
- [Adama and Royan Jahee, Cylon sympathizer leader]
Adama: People are dead.
Royan: I grieve for them, Admiral. And I assure you, the tylium ship's just a taste of what's in store unless (yelling) SOMEONE STARTS LISTENING-
[Adama grabs him by the throat]
Adama: You listen, and you listen well. I don't care if I have to interrogate every civilian aboard this fleet. This is gonna stop. Do you understand?
Royan: (gurgles weakly) Yes...