Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Bastille Day
Bastille Day is the third episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica, and is the third episode overall.
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Helo), Kandyse McClure (PO Dualla), Paul Campbell (Billy Keikeya), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Gaeta), Connor Widdows (Boxey)
Co-Stars: Alonso Oyarzun (Socinus), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Pat Adrien Dorval (Wilkens), Ron Selmour (Seaborne), Matthew Bennett (Doral), Brent Stait (Mason), Graham Young (Marine #1), Curtis Hicks (Marine #2), Colby Johannson (Flat-Top)
When Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama and Billy Keikeya try to convince prisoners on the fleet's prison ship to mine water from the asteroids discovered in the previous episode in exchange for their freedom, political prisoner Tom Zarek takes Keikeya, Apollo and and several Galactica crew hostage in an attempt to depose Roslin.
- Tom Zarek is played by actor Richard Hatch, who played the role of Apollo in the original series.
- Bastille Day refers to the storming of the Paris prison which launched the French Revolution in 1789.
- In the miniseries, there were supposed to be 500 prisoners aboard the Astral Queen. In this episode the count is 1500.
Allusions and References
- [Starbuck berating a pilot for his overly hard landings]
Starbuck: Just can't wait to get back to the Big G and the loving embrace of your fellow pilots? Or maybe you have a hot date with your right hand.
Flat-Top: Hey, it never gets a headache.
Starbuck: Tell you what, Flat-Top. You come in too hot today, you may have to start using your left.
- Number Six: (to Baltar) If you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he's gonna find you out. And when he does, they're gonna tear your head off, and throw your body out of an airlock!
- Socinus: So, Cally, is it true? You really bite that guy's ear off?
Cally: He's lucky that's all I bit off.