Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Bastille Day
Bastille Day is the third episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Commander William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Helo), Kandyse McClure (PO Dualla), Paul Campbell (Billy Keikeya), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Gaeta), Connor Widdows (Boxey)
Cast: Alonso Oyarzun (Socinus), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Pat Adrien Dorval (Wilkens), Ron Selmour (Seaborne), Matthew Bennett (Doral), Brent Stait (Mason), Graham Young (Marine #1), Curtis Hicks (Marine #2), Colby Johannson (Flat-Top)
When Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama and Billy Keikeya try to convince prisoners on the fleet's prison ship to mine water from the asteroids discovered in the previous episode in exchange for their freedom, political prisoner Tom Zarek takes Keikeya, Apollo and and several Galactica crew hostage in an attempt to depose Roslin.
- In the miniseries, the Astral Queen is referred to as a cargo vessel with 500 prisoner on their way to a penal colony. This information is retconned in this episode so that it is now a prison ship with 1,500 prisoners on their way to Caprica for parole hearings.
Behind the Scenes
- Tom Zarek is played by actor Richard Hatch, who played the role of Apollo in the original series.
Allusions and References
- The title of this episode is taken from the name of a French holiday, commemorating a festivity that celebrated an important event in the French Revolution. The parallel is that Bastille was a prison that was invaded as an open rebellion against the King of France.
- For the third episode in a row, Kevin Grazier's last name is spelled as 'Grazer'.
- (Starbuck berating a pilot for his overly hard landings)
- Kara: Just can't wait to get back to the Big G and the loving embrace of your fellow pilots? Or maybe you have a hot date with your right hand.
- Flat-Top: Hey, it never gets a headache.
- Kara: Tell you what, Flat-Top. You come in too hot today, you may have to start using your left.
- Number Six: (to Baltar) If you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he's gonna find you out. And when he does, they're gonna tear your head off, and throw your body out of an airlock!
- Socinus: So, Cally, is it true? You really bite that guy's ear off?
- Cally: He's lucky that's all I bit off.