Salvage is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of Angel, and the seventy-ninth episode overall. While Angelus continues to rampage through the city, Wesley goes off in search of the only person who could help them; Faith.
Co-Starring: Kara Holden (Young Woman), Billy Rieck (Paco Vamp), Joel David Moore (Karl Vamp), Alonzo Bodden (Prison Guard), Joshua Grenrock (Demon in Bar), Addie Daddio (Rosaria Vamp), Brett Wagner (Bohg'dar Demon), Spice Williams (Debbie)
While Angelus tries to track down the Beast, Wesley seeks out the only person who can reel the vampire in: a Slayer.
Monster of the Week
There is no monster of the week in this episode.
|6/7||Vampires||—||Burst into Flames||Outside Warehouse|
There is no licensed music in this episode.
- Forever Midnight: The sun is unblotted out in this episode, thanks to Angelus stabbing the Beast with a piece of his own rocky hide.
- The prisoner who tries to kill Faith uses a knife used by the Harbingers. This makes it clear that the First Evil is not waiting to wipe out the potentials before targeting a Slayer.
- Faith: Faith has been imprisoned in the Northern California Women's Facility in Stockton, California, for the past two and a half years. She makes a daring escape from prison when Wesley tells her that Angelus is back.
- Cordelia: Evil Cordelia is pregnant, apparently, and because the "crazy Wesley" musical cue (from "Billy") is playing during her admission to the pregnancy, this probably isn't a good thing.
- Sanctuary: Faith turned herself into the police after a team-up with Buffy in the first season. She was convinced that she needed to own up for the things she did, even if that involves a great deal of prison time.
- Cordelia: Wasn't she convicted of murder and sent to a state correctional facility for like a gazillion years?
- Awakening: In Angel's fantasy, he and Connor killed the Beast in the Hyperion and it brought back the sun because the power used to keep it blocked was released.
- Angelus: Aw, crap! You mean killing the Beast really does bring back the sun? I thought that was Angel's retarded fantasy.
- Faith's Sentence: It's finally revealed what Faith was convicted of after she turned herself in. She was convicted of murder 2 and got 25-to-life in prison. Presumably, this means she was found guilty of the deputy mayor's murder, but innocent on the murder of the vulcanologist and the bus depot assault.
- Crossover: In this episode, Angelus calls the Summers home when he hears that the slayer is in town. The person that answers is Dawn, Buffy's sister. Incidentally, this is the only time the two will ever interact in either series.
- Crossover II: Faith being attacked in prison is completely unrelated to the activities of Cordelia and the Beast. In fact, she was attacked by an agent of the First Evil, the big bad from season seven of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This is the first time that the current events of Buffy have been directly referenced since "Fredless".
- Guest star Spice Williams had an uncredited role as Patrice in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer "What's My Line?" two-parter.
Behind the Scenes
- Ratings: On its first airing, this episode scored a 3.7/5 in the overnight Nielsen ratings.
Allusions and References
- Connor: Magic again. You people rely way to much on that junk.
- Wesley: We use whatever tools we have.
- Connor: Yeah, only it never really works the way it's supposed to.
- Angelus: That's right, brothers and sisters - the rumours are true. Angel has left the building and I am back. But, hey, I'm no different than the next guy. I put my victim's skin on one leg at a time.
- Lilah: Makes your life simpler, doesn't it? Cleaner?
- Wesley: I didn't want this.
- Lilah: Come on, what are you worried about, Wesley? You hated yourself for being with me. Or maybe you just hated yourself for loving being with me.Hey, semantics. In any case, we both knew sooner or later it would come to a messy end. For one of us, anyway. So ease up on that furrowed brow. You're free now. No longer encumbered with the secret shame of our relationship.
- Wesley: It wasn't a relationship.
- Lilah: There's a signed dollar bill in your wallet I think proves different. You knew how I felt.
- Wesley: You don't feel.
- Lilah: The only true thing I ever
- Wesley: You didn't love me! You couldn't.
- Lilah: We'll never know now, will we?
- Connor: How long does it take to chop off Lilah's head?
- Gunn: Boss or no, he's right when he says we have to stay together till we know what we have to do.
- Connor: I know what we have to do! Angel told me. If something goes wrong, I kill him.
- Lorne: Oh! Now you listen to him!
- Faith: What, you saw?
- Prison Guard: Hey, caught us by surprise. I mean, who'd be crazy enough to try to take you out?
- Lilah: I know what it is. The reason you're having such a hard time with this. Why you're taking so long to, you know (makes hacksaw motion/noise) The awful truth? You couldn't save me and this is the exclamation point.
- Wesley: Saved you from The Beast. For all the good it did.
- Lilah: Wesley, you know that's not what I'm talking about. You couldn't save me... from me.
- Wesley: Is that what you thought?
- Lilah: Me. Lover, I'm not even here. I'm just a figment in your devilishly handsome head. So clearly, it's what you thought.
- Lilah: That body's not going to dismember itself, you know.
- Angelus: And I don't like being kept in the dark. Figuratively, anyway.
- Wesley: We need you.
- Faith: Well, I hate to wet the paper for you, Wes, but I'm kind of unavailable right now. Maybe you wanna check back in a few decades when my parole comes up.
- Wesley: You need to know--
- Faith: It's Armageddon again. I dig. Last thing you need's me in the mix. Besides, Angel'll come shining through in the end like he always does.
- Wesley: Angel's gone, Faith. Angelus is back.
- Faith: Step away from the glass.
- Faith: You okay?
- Wesley: Five by five.
- Wesley: Thought you could use a little release. Feel natural?
- Faith: It's like ridin' a biker.
- Cordelia: Faith? What the hell is she doing here?
- Faith: Nice to see you too, Cor.
- Wesley: She's here to help.
- Cordelia: Oh gee. That's great. Oh, wait a sec, wasn't she convicted of murder and sent to a state correctional facility for like a gazillion years?
- Faith: Murder Two, 25 years to life. For the record.
- Cordelia: So now you brought psycho Slayer out of retirement to kill Angelus?
- Faith: Gunn, right?
- Gunn: Yeah.
- Faith: Love the name. Hear you're a good fighter.
- Gunn: I hold my own.
- Faith: That's a shame.
- Angelus: Hi, Dawn. Yeah, it's me! Is your sister home? She is? (hangs up; disappointed) It's the other one.
- Angelus: Smile, Faith. Thought you'd enjoy a threesome.
- Angelus: Ah crap! You mean killing the Beast really does bring back the sun? I thought that was Angel's retarded fantasy.
- Cordelia: (to Connor) A weakness for Slayers. You're definitely his son.