Wentworth Miller was raised in Brooklyn, New York. He moved to Sewickley, Pennsylvania with his parents and two younger sisters, where he attended Quaker Valley High School in his senior year. After high school, Miller entered Princeton University. During his years at Princeton, he sang baritone for the Princeton Tigertones, the school's famed a capella group.
Struggling with science, Miller took a year off after sophomore year and went to Arizona. He worked at a bookstore and as an office assistant. After his first taste of minimum-wage work, Miller returned to Princeton and graduated with an English degree in 1995.
His father, Wentworth Earl Miller II is African-American, Somalian, Jamaican, British, German and part Cherokee descent while his mother, Roxann, is of Russian, French, Syrian, and Lebanese descent. Both are graduates of Yale, his father a lawyer and his mother a Special Education Teacher. His sisters have also followed the legal path, Gillian, a qualified lawyer and Leigh currently in law school.
|Prison Break||Michael Scofield||2005–2009/2017||1||2||3||4||5|
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow||Leonard Snart||2016–||1|
Guest Starring Roles
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer||Gage Petronzi||2x20 - Go Fish||May 5, 1998|
|Time of Your Life (1999)||Nelson||1x06 - The Time the Truth Was Told||November 29, 1999|
|Popular||Adam Rotchild Ryan||1x16 - All About Adam||February 17, 2000|
|Popular||Adam Rotchild Ryan||1x18 - Ch-Ch-Changes||April 20, 2000|
|Time of Your Life (1999)||Nelson||1x11 - The Time They Got E-Rotic||June 14, 2000|
|ER||Mike Palmieri||7x01 - Homecoming||October 12, 2000|
|Joan of Arcadia||Ryan Hunter||2x21 - Common Thread||April 15, 2005|
|Joan of Arcadia||Ryan Hunter||2x22 - Something Wicked This Way Comes||April 22, 2005|
|Ghost Whisperer||Sgt. Paul Adams||1x01 - Pilot||September 23, 2005|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Det. Nate Kendall||11x01 - Unstable||September 23, 2009|
|House, M.D.||Benjamin Byrd||8x03 - Charity Case||October 17, 2011|
Specials and Made-for-TV Movies
- Dinotopia (2002) ...as David Scott
Talk, News and Game Show Appearances
Awards and Accolades
- Nominated: Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama (2006)
- Wentworth Miller's name was inspired by the Jane Austen's character, Captain Wentworth in Persuasion. Wentworth means; ‘Went’ = a river in Northumberland, England and ‘worth’ = place.
- Is allergic to cats and dogs as well as certain foods.
- It is a 4-hour makeup process to put on the tattoos for Prison Break (2005).
- His favorite films are:
- Carrie - "I can watch Carrie again and again and again. I think it's a brilliant movie. Obviously you know how the story ends, but en route to that, every single person in the movie, whether they're operating from goodness or evil, has a part in the disaster that occurs. It's a very complicated and beautifully tangled web."
- The Trip to Bountiful - "Geraldine Page won the Oscar for that in the late 80s and it's just a very sweet and heartfelt movie about an elderly woman making a bus trip back to her home town in texas. Just beautiful work."
- Time Bandits - It "was one of my favorite movies as a kid, a kind of Monty Python for kids."
- Jesus Christ Superstar - "if I have to throw in some kind of musical. It's just hippie-licious is the word that always comes to mind."
- The Shining - "but you gotta watch it like in a cabin in the woods at night"
- Dangerous Liaisons - "Up until that point I think I had a very clear-cut, black-and-white view of how movies were supposed to go. The good guys won, the bad guys got their asses kicked. But in this movie the bad guys got their asses kicked and it broke your heart."