|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
NCIS/Hung Out to Dry
Hung Out to Dry is the second episode of the first season of NCIS, and the second episode overall.
Guest Stars: Pancho Demmings (Asst. M.E. Gerald Jackson), Brandon Davis (Jimmy), Lee Reherman (Sgt. Tuers), Chaney Kley (Corporal Paul Brinkman), Austin Noah Marques (Billy Fuentes), Christina Souza (Rosemarie Fuentes), Brian Wade (Marine Lance Corporal), James Macdonald (Capt. Faul), Dave Power (Cpl. Dave Ramsey), Rick Pasqualone (Cpl. Paul Dafelmair), Keith Diamond (Sgt. Gregory Nutt), Julie Gonzalo (Sarah Schaefer), Patrick Labyorteaux (Lt. Bud J. Roberts Jr.)
A Marine dies during a nighttime parachute jump exercise when his parachute fails to open and he crash-lands into a parked SUV with two teenagers making out inside. Gibbs, DiNozzo, and newly-minted NCIS Special Agent Caitlin Todd investigate and discover that the Marine's parachute was tampered with by another Marine in his squad who was trying to cover up a drug deal.
- This episode was based on a real-life NCIS casefile, specifically an incident where a disgruntled Marine cut the parachute cords of several of his fellow jumpers during a training exercise in North Carolina.
- This episode introduces the ongoing arc with Agent Gibbs' boat, which he is building by hand in his basement without the aid of power tools.
- This episode marks Kate Todd's first case as an NCIS agent.
- Abby reveals the reason that she got into forensic science: when she was a child, she lived near a car lot where wrecked cars were brought after accidents, and developed a predilection for taking pictures of the wrecks and trying to figure out what had happened.
Behind the Scenes
- Abby's explanation for the reason that she got into forensic science is, in reality, the reason that her actress, Pauley Perrette, got into forensic science in real life.
Allusions and References
- Gibbs, Abby and Kate in the forensics lab:
Gibbs: How long to find the acid and check out the rest of the chutes?
Abby: Well, I'm flying solo, so at least a day.
Gibbs: Go faster if you had an assistant?
Gibbs: Okay, you got the job.
Kate: I get to do forensics?!?
Gibbs: No, you get to schlep for Abby. She gets to do forensics.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0