Walt Lloyd is a 10-year old boy who was traveling with his estranged father. He is one of the Oceanic 815 crash survivors on the mysterious island, and is played by Malcolm David Kelley, who played a billed role for Season One and Two, and has had a recurring role in subsequent seasons.
Pre-CrashMichael Dawson and Susan Lloyd. Walt was only a year old when his mother Susan left Michael to further her career. He spent his childhood being bounced around from place to place as Susan and her new husband Brian Porter moved around, finally ending up in Australia, where he exhibited unspecified strange abilities, unnerving his adoptive father Brian. When Susan died of a blood disorder, Brian took that opportunity to transfer custody of Walt back to Michael, even though he hadn't seen Walt in 9 years. Walt didn't want to leave, but Brian gave Walt the dog Vincent, even though it was Brian's. They were headed back to New York on Oceanic Flight 815.
Michael and Walt had a strained relationship. Neither of them really knew each other, and Walt became friends with John Locke, to the dismay of Michael. Michael doesn't trust Locke and didn't like him teaching Walt how to throw a knife. Walt got angry after his father forbade him from seeing Locke, but after Locke and Michael rescued him from a marauding polar bear, they reconciled somewhat. Michael became determined to build a raft to get him and Walt off the island, but Walt set it on fire because he didn't want to move anymore. After Michael said that he would build another raft despite the fire, Walt relented and decided to help build the raft. The day Michael fell ill, Walt went to see Locke to tell him that he didn't poison his father. Walt touched Locke's hand and told him "Don't open it Mr. Locke! Don't open that thing!" No doubt referring to the hatch. This is a distinct display of unusual powers. After that, Walt confessed to Michael that he was the one who burned the raft. Upon hearing this, Michael offered to stay on the island with Walt, but Walt insisted that they leave. Walt and Michael left on the raft. When at sea, the rafters encountered a small boat. The people on the boat insisted on taking Walt, and they kidnapped him and tossed a homemade explosive device onto the raft. Walt has been captured by the Others.
An image of a dripping wet Walt appeared to Shannon in the jungle, speaking backwards very softly. He said: "Press the button. Don’t – button’s bad." It is unknown what button Walt wants Shannon to either push or not push.
Later Walt appeared to Shannon again, also dripping wet and speaking backwards. He said "They're coming and they're close." It is unknown what exactly he was referring to, but it might be the survivors of the tail section. Shannon set off into the jungle in search of Walt. Sayid followed her, and the next time Walt appeared they both saw him. This time Walt only said "Ssh!", but Shannon didn't listen, and charged after the Walt vision.
Michael was receiving text messages on the bunker computer from someone claiming to be Walt. The messages claim that he doesn't have much time on the computer he is using before they come back. The messages also say that he can't leave, Michael will have to come get him. The messages gave Michael directions of where to go to find the stone with a square hole that was near the Others yurt village. The messages were a deception, designed to lure Michael out for easy capture.
Walt got to see Michael for three minutes. He told Michael that the Others make him take tests, but Ms. Klugh warned him not to talk about that. He also told Michael that the Others were pretending, and again Ms. Klugh said that wasn't something he could talk about. Walt rushed to his father and hugged him he told him that he loved him. Michael said he loved him too.
Walt was in the boat Henry Gale drove up to the Pala Ferry Dock, cowering out of sight. Michael and Walt left the island.
- Information is shown in chronological order. Episodes in bold are flashback episodes.
Before the Crash
- 1x14 - Special: Walt suddenly gets the news that the father he never met, Michael, is taking him home.
- 1x23 - Exodus (1): An angry Walt tries to run away from Michael's Sydney hotel room.
- 1x24 - Exodus (2): Walt overhears his father complain to his grandmother that he doens't know what to do with Walt.
On the Island
- 1x01 - Pilot (1): Walt survives the plane crash.
- 1x14 - Special: A restless Walt rebels against his father Michael.
- 1x17 - In Translation: Walt makes a decision which has unexpected consequences.
- 1x22 - Born to Run: Walt displays unusual abilities.
- 1x23 - Exodus (1): Walt leaves the island on the raft with his father.
- 1x25 - Exodus (3): Walt is kidnapped from the raft by the Others.
- 2x22 - Three Minutes: Michael is allowed to see Walt for three minutes.
- 2x23 - Live Together, Die Alone: Michael and Walt leave the island.
- Malcolm David Kelley, was not part of the season two promotional cast picture, due to his greatly reduced role in that season.
- 1x03 - Tabula Rasa: "Mr. Locke said a miracle happened to him."
- 1x11 - All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues: "He knows a lot more than how to catch a boar. Mr. Locke's a warrior. He can hunt, he can track stuff, and he's the only one who brought knives. So if it were me, I'd listen to him."
- 1x11 - All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues: (To Sawyer) "It's stupid to lie about your name."
- 1x17 - ...in Translation: "I don't want to move anymore. I've been moving places my whole life. I like it here."
- 1x22 - Born to Run - "Don't open it. [...] Don't open it, Mr. Locke. Don't open that thing. [...] Just don't open it!"