From The TV IV
| Josh Holloway
| Birth name
|| Josh Lee Holloway
|| July 20, 1969 in San Jose, California, USA
| Notable Roles
|| Lost: James "Sawyer" Ford
| Notable Episodes
Josh Holloway is an American actor and former fashion model, best known for his role as Sawyer in the ABC series Lost.
Josh was born in San Jose, California, but moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of northern Georgia at the age of 2. The second oldest of four boys, he grew up in a trailer park about 75 miles outside of Atlanta. His father was a surveyor and his mother a stay-at-home wife. Holloway attended the University of Georgia for only a year but left due to financial reasons, It was then that he began a successful modeling career, taking him throughout Europe and North America. As a male fashion model, Holloway found semi-permanent homes in New York and Italy. He eventually moved to Los Angeles, California with an ambition to start a career in acting. Holloway married his wife Yessica Kumala in 2004 and the two currently reside in Hawaii.
After moving to Los Angeles, Holloway's first break as an actor was a part in Angel as "Good-looking Guy" on the first episode of the series. He landed lead roles in independent films such as Cold Heart (2001), Mi Amigo (2002), and Moving August (2003). Holloway garnered praise and considerable attention for his performance in the title role of the Sci-Fi Channel's Sabretooth (2002).
Guest Starring Roles
Specials and Made-for-TV Movies
Talk, News and Game Show Appearances
Awards and Accolades
(3 Nominations, 1 Win)
- Nominated: Best Supporting Actor in a Television Program (2007)
- Nominated: Best Supporting Actor on Television (2008)
- Won: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2006)
- Nominated: Choice TV Breakout Performance - Male (2005)
- Nominated: TV - Choice Chemistry (2006)
- 2006 In Touch Weekly Magazine: Hottest Hunk on Television
- 2006 OK! Magazine: 17th sexiest guy in the world
- 2005 People Magazine: One of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World