|The site hasn't been moved yet, but the resource problem has been solved in the short term.|
Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Wrecked
Wrecked is the tenth episode of the sixth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and tenth episode overall.
Guest Stars: Amber Benson (Tara Maclay), Elizabeth Anne Allen (Amy Madison), Jeff Kober (Rack), Fleming Brooks (Mandraz), Mageina Tovah (Jonesing Girl), Michael Diordani (Jonesing Guy), Colin Malone (Creepy Guy)
Monster of the Week
- Rack: Rack is a warlock with immense power and a moving lair that is cloaked from sight. Although his origins are not explained exactly, he is apparently the magical equivalent of a drug pusher. He has a client-base of magic abusers who are addicted to his reality altering spells, to the point that they go through withdrawal when they haven't felt the effects of his spells.
- Willow: After struggling with her addiction to spells, she vows to stop using magic despite the withdrawal sympthoms she goes through.
- Faith, Hope and Trick: Dawn's comment that Buffy eats a lot after she kills something is, unknowingly, a reference to Faith's comment that slaying something makes you hungry and horny.
- Cartoons: The cartoon that Tara and Dawn wake up to is Ding Dog Daddy, directed by Friz Freling.
Behind the Scenes
- Dedication: This episode was dedicated to the memory of J.D. Peralta, Marti Noxon's assisstant who died two weeks before the episode aired of cancer.
- Dawn's Slap: In an interview, Michelle Trachtenberg said that she was nervous when she found out she had to slap Alyson Hannigan because she respected her so much. Alyson told her to give it her all and she reluctantly pretended she was a bully in high school to go through with it. She apologized profusely after the scene.
Allusions and References
- Martha Stewart: Martha Stewart is the founder and former CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. and is notorious for her home decorating and cooking daytime talk series Martha Stewart Living. Anya's theory that Martha Stewart is a witch refers to her seemingly limitless time and energy she has to do these crafts she shows on television.
- Xander: Anya has a theory. She thinks that Martha Stewart froze that guy.
- Joan Crawford: Joan Crawford was a dancer and actress who was groomed by MGM Studios during the mid-1920s to play flappers. Her popularity grew more and more over the years, going on to play hard-working characters in "rags-to-riches" stories during the Depression. By the end of the 1930s, she was one of the most highly paid actresses in America. The comment made by Dawn refers to her six adopted children.
- Dawn: I think she's feeling all Joan Crawford because of the other night.
- Willow creating the phantom Tara to comfort her.
- Willow breaking down in tears when she realizes how badly she hurt Dawn.
- Dawn: I'll leave a note for Buffy on the refrigerator. That's the first place she goes after patrolling. She's such a pig after she kills things.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0