Buffy the Vampire Slayer/The Yoko Factor (1)
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
The Yoko Factor (1) is the twentieth episode of the fourth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the seventy-sixth episode overall.
Spike initiates Adam's plan of isolating Buffy from her friends by planting the seeds of separation that has been brewing over the year.
Buffy's visit to L.A. worries Riley, especially when he learns about Angel's curse.
- This is the first of two appearances of guest star Bob Fimiani. He also appeared as different characters in two episodes of Angel, as well as an episode of Firefly. He is therefore one of the Whedon hat-trick of actors for appearing in his first three series.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Spike: (to Giles) You know, for someone who's got "Watcher" on his résumé, you might want to cast an eye to the front door every now and again.
- Xander: You know what college is? It's high school, only without the actual going to class! Well, high school was kinda like that, too.
- Xander: I'm out there working hard to make a living and it's nothing but a huge joke to them. "Xander got fired from Starbucks. Xander got fired from that phone sex line."
- Anya: They look down on you.
- Xander: And they hate you.
- Anya: But they don't look down on me.
- Giles: Any problems getting in and out?
- Spike: No. I mean, a couple of them made me on the way out, but I took care of them.
- Giles: Gave them a good running away from, did you?
- Willow: Crack a government encryption code on my laptop? Easy as really difficult pie.
- Spike: You're not exactly the whiz these days, either. God, I'm never gonna get paid.
- Willow: I am a whiz.
- Tara: She is a whiz.
- Willow: If ever whiz there was.
- Riley: Where do you think you're going?
- Angel: Going to see an old girlfriend.
- Angel: Oh, and... Riley?
- Buffy: Yeah?
- Angel: I don't like him.
- Spike: Don't tell me you've never heard of the Beatles.
- Adam: I have. I like "Helter Skelter".
- Spike: What a surprise.
- Xander: Oh. Okay. You and Willow go do the superpower thing, I'll stay behind and putt around the Batcave with crusty old Alfred here.
- Giles: Ahh, no. I am no Alfred, sir. No, you forget. Alfred had a job.
- Buffy: Are you drunk?
- Giles: Yes. Quite a bit, actually.
- Buffy: This is stupid.
- Xander: Stupid. So you finally have the guts to say it to my face.
- Buffy: I didn't say you were stupid. So... stop being an idiot and let me fix this!
- Xander: Just because you're better than us, doesn't mean you can be all superior.
- Willow: We have to face it, you can't handle Tara being my girlfriend.
- Xander: No! It was bad before that! Since you two went off to college and forgot about me! Just left me in the basement to - Tara's your girlfriend?
- Giles: Bloody hell!
- Buffy: Enough! All I know is you want to help, right? Be part of the team?
- Willow: I don't know anymore.
- Xander: Feeling not wanted.
- Buffy: No! No, you said you wanted to go. So let's go! All of us. We'll walk into that cave with you two attacking me and the funny drunk drooling on my shoe! Hey! Hey, maybe that's the secret way of killing Adam!
- Xander: Buffy.
- Buffy: Is that it? Is that how you can help? You're not answering me! How can you possibly help? (no response) So, I guess I'm starting to understand why there's no ancient prophecy about a Chosen One and her friends.