Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Get It Done
Get It Done is the fifteenth episode of the seventh season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and thirty-seventh episode overall.
With the First cutting deeper into the Scoobies’ army, Buffy gets fed up. After receiving from Wood a bag passed down to Slayers, Buffy reaches in for answers, but is instead made an offer.
Monster of the Week
- There's no monster of the week in this episode, aside from the demon that is expelled from the shadow dimension.
|2/3/4||Shadow Men||Buffy||Staked||Shadow World|
- From Beneath You: The First's army of Turok-Han are shown for the first time at the end of the episode.
- Deus Ex Machina: Apparently Dawn knows how to read ancient Sumerian now.
- Buffy: Buffy is offered increased powers, but because of the drawback of becoming less than human, she rejects it. This continues her problems with the Slayer system, which rose during the previous season.
- Spike: Spike gets his mojo back after becoming such a wimp due to having a soul again.
- The bag Wood gives Buffy that was intended to be passed onto her is the same bag seen in her dream in "Restless".
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Buffy: Andrew is our...actually, he's our hostage.
- Andrew: I like to think of myself more as a "Guest-age."
- Willow: (running into Principal Wood and Buffy in the backyard) Oh, hi. Hey. Well, Buffy, I - I see that our preparations for the... school... pep... dance... cheer-drill-contest are - are coming along. Bring it on!
- Buffy: It's okay. I filled him in on everything.
- Willow: Oh, thank God! If I had to explain all these weapons, I had nothing.
- Buffy: Anyone want to say a few words about Chloe? Let me. Chloe was an idiot. Chloe was stupid. She was weak. And anyone in a rush to be the next dead body I bury, it's easy. Just think of Chloe and do what she did. And I'll find room for you next to her and Annabelle. I'm the Slayer - the one with the power and the First has me using that power to dig our graves. I've been carrying you - all of you - too far, too long. Ride's over.
- Kennedy: You're out of line!
- Willow: No, she's not.
- Kennedy: You're gonna let her talk to you like that? Willow, she's not even the most powerful one in this room. With you here, she's not close.
- Buffy: You're new here and you're wrong. Because I use the power that I have. The rest of you are just waiting for me.
- Xander: Well, yeah, but only because you kinda told us to. You're our leader, Buffy, as in “follow the”.
- Buffy: Well, from now on I'm your leader as in “do what I say”.
- Xander: Ja voll. But let's not try to forget, we're also your friends.
- Buffy: Where are you going?
- Spike: Out. Since I'm neither a girl nor waiting, all this speechifying doesn't really apply to me, does it?
- Buffy: Fine. Take a cellphone. That way, if I need someone to get weepy or wailed on, I can call you.
- Spike: If you've got something to say...
- Buffy: Just said it.
- Principal Wood: If we play it safe back here, Buffy could stay lost.
- Anya: You missed her “everyone sucks but me” speech. If she's so superior, let her find her own way back.
- Buffy: Listen, you guys. I'm already the Slayer, bursting with power. Really don't need anymore.
- Shadow Man #1: (subtitled) The first slayer did not talk so much.
- Principal Wood: Where you going?
- Spike: Got a job.
- Principal Wood: Nice coat. Where'd you get it?
- Spike: New York.