Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Entropy
Entropy is the eighteenth episode of the sixth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and eighteenth episode overall.
Co-Starring: Edie Caggiano (Mother)
Anya returns, and, unbeknown to anyone, as a vengeance demon. Unable to inflict pain on Xander herself, Anya tries to cajole his friends to wish up a proper punishment. Meanwhile, Spike is locked out from Buffy and is frustrated she won’t tell her friends about them. He then moves on to find a way to numb his pain.
Monster of the Week
- There was no monster of the week as this episode deals with the gang's disintegrating bonds.
- Alison Krauss - "That Kind of Love"
- Tom McRae - "Sau Paulo Rain"
- Makin' With the Love: Dawn, Xander and Anya all find out that Buffy and Spike were sleeping with one another.
- Willow and Tara: Willow and Tara get back together by the end of this episode.
- Gone: Tara mentions the invisible ray which turned Buffy invisible, created by the Trio.
- As You Were: Willow briefly mentions the Suvolte demon eggs that were being sold on the black market by Spike.
- Doublemeat Palace: Willow tells Tara about the phallic shaped demon that was killing Doublemeat Palace employees.
- Music: The music that plays at the beginning when Xander is sitting alone in a room is "Sao Paulo Rain" by Rom McRae. The song at the end of the episode is "That Kind of Love" by Allison Krauss.
- Wait... What Just Happened?: After Tara and Willow won't stop defending Xander, Anya takes the cup of coffee and storms off. The problem here is that it was Willow's coffee that Anya took.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Temple of Doom: In Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones suddenly has an Asian child sidekick named "Short Round." In the movie, Short Round swindles Indiana out of money in poker and is generally one of the most loathed characters in the series of movies. There is a second Indiana Jones reference in the episode from Raiders of the Lost Ark when Jonathan uses the amulet and light to find something on a map.
- Warren: Aw, cheer up, Short Round.
- Anya: Actually, there's an eensy something I could use a little help with. You're lesbians so the hating of men will come in handy. Let's talk about Xander.
- Buffy: (about Xander) I don't think he could feel any worse.
- Anya: Let's test that theory.
- Dawn: I never use that word anymore.
- Anya: "Coagulate"?
- Dawn: W-i-s-h.
- (frustrated that she can't generate hatred towards Xander out of Willow and Tara)
- Anya: What kind of lesbians are you? If you love men so much, go love men!
- (the trio see Spike and Anya having sex)
- Jonathan: Oh my god.
- Warren: What is that? Porn?
- Jonathan: Oh my god.
- Warren: Is that the cam in the Magic Box?
- Jonathan: Oh my God.
- Andrew: What are they - Oh.
- Warren: Is that --
- Jonathan: Spike.
- Andrew: He is so cool. (pause) And, I mean, the girl’s hot, too.
- Xander: (to Anya) You let that evil, soulless thing touch you. You wanted me to feel something? Congratulations. It worked. I look at you and I feel sick 'cause you had sex with that.
- Spike: It was good enough for Buffy.
- Xander: Shut up and leave her out of -- (sees the look on Buffy's face)
- Anya: Buffy?
- Buffy: Xander --
- Xander: I don't want to know this. I don't want to know any of this.
- Tara: Things fall apart. They fall apart so hard.
- Willow: Tara?
- Tara: You can never... put 'em back the way they were.
- Willow: Are you okay?
- Tara: I'm sorry, it's just... You know, it takes time. You can't just... have coffee and expect --
- Willow: I know.
- Tara: There's just so much to work through. Trust has to be built again on both sides. You have to learn if - if we're even the same people we were. If you can fit in each other's lives. It's a long, important process and... can't we just skip it? Can - Can you just be kissing me now?