From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Bring on the Night is the tenth episode of the seventh season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the one-hundred and thirty-second episode overall. Giles returns to Sunnydale and Buffy gets her ass kicked by a primordial vampire.
Special Guest Stars: Anthony Stewart Head (Rupert Giles), Kristine Sutherland (Joyce Summers)
Guest Stars: Tom Lenk (Andrew), Iyari Limon (Kennedy), Clara Bryant (Molly), Courtnee Draper (Annabelle)
As: Juliet Landau (Drusilla)
And: DB Woodside (Principal Robin Wood)
Co-Stars: Camden Toy (Ubervamp), Chris Wiley (Roger)
Monster of the Week
- Turok-Han: The turok-han is like a primordial vampire. It's an ancient creature that vampires fear. It's extremely strong and durable, even managing to take a stake in the chest without dusting out. It was thought a myth, as these primative vampires have been extinct for a very long time. It does still seem to have a problem with sunlight, however.
| # || Whom || By Whom || How || Where
| 1 || Annabelle || Turok-Han || Snapped Neck || Refinery
- Potentials: Three potentials appear in this episode: Kennedy, Molly and Annabelle.
- Willow: Evil Willow pops up briefly again when she attempts to cast a locator spell.
- Giles: Giles returns to Sunnydale with three potential slayers in tow.
- 6x05 - Life Serial: Warren and his friends trapped Buffy and the gang in a time loop with a mummy hand in order to study her for weaknesses.
- Xander: It's a loop... Like the Mummy Hand. I'm doomed to replace these windows for all eternity.
- Final Appearance: This is the last appearance of Kristine Sutherland as Joyce Summers in the series. She appeared in 58 episodes total and is the only person to appear in all seven seasons but was never part of the billed cast.
Behind the Scenes
- Cut Scene: Originally in this episode there was a scene in which Willow and Kennedy talked about her cat (Miss Kitty Fantastico) and a painting made by Tara.
Allusions and References
- Wonder Woman #297: Andrew refers to a three-issue story arc in the first volume of Wonder Woman, taking place through 297, 298 and 299 called "Catacombs." In the arc, Wonder Woman attempts to find Steve Trevor, who's lost in the catacombs of Themyscara. The skeleton part refers Trevor finding a skeleton that looks an awful lot like a dead Wonder Woman in the catacombs.
- Andrew: Man, this place gives me the creeps. It's like in Wonder Woman, issue 297/299.
- Supervillains: Andrew rattles off three super-villains from comics. Dr. Doom is a Fantastic Four villain and is the ruthless despot of a Eastern European nation called Latveria. Apocalypse is one of the oldest mutants in existence, he preaches a "survival of the fittest" philosophy and hopes to kill all of humanity. The Riddler is a Batman villain who's just a riddler leaving annoyance.
- Andrew: You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler.
- Buffy delivers a speech in which she declares that she will pre-emptively attack these evils threatening them instead of waiting to avert this disaster.
- Anya: Please, how many times have I heard that line in my demon days? "I'm so rotten, they don't even have a word for it. I'm bad. Baddy bad bad bad. Does it make you horny?" (everyone stares at her) Or terrified. Whatever.
- Xander: Thanks for clearing that up 'cause otherwise we might've thought you were up to no good here at the satanic manhole cover. You killed your best friend!
Andrew: He's in a place of joy and peace. He told me.
Xander: No, nobody told you. You got tricked by a fake ghost.
- Xander: Hey, junior slayers, don't look so worried. I mean, sure, we don't know where Spike is, or how to fight The First, or if and when the super style vampire is gonna attack us all. However, house—(taps hammer on boarded up windows) boarded up. Now all we gotta do is trap this Ubervamp in a pantry, and it's game over.
Willow: Xander, newbies. Let's ease them in to the whole "jokes in the face of death" thing.
Xander: Who's joking? That pantry thing could work. Are you saying M. Night Shamalayan lied to us?
- Buffy: I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it is gonna swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run, do it now. 'Cause we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on, we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them, and cut out their hearts one by one, until The First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There is only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil, and that's us. Any questions?
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0