Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Resurrection Ship (1)
Resurrection Ship (1) is the eleventh episode of the second season of Battlestar Galactica, and is the twenty-fourth episode overall.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Commander William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Lt./Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Galen Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Karl "Helo" Agathon), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (PO Anastasia "Dee" Dualla)
When Kara returns from an unauthorised recon mission, Adama and Cain decide to put their conflict on hold long enough to destroy a valuable Cylon asset.
- This episode had the highest Nielsen rating of the evening for Sci Fi Friday.
- Awards: This episode was nominated for an IVy Award for the 2005-06 season for Best Individual Episode of a Drama Series.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Cain: Do you always get what you want?
- Kara: Most of the time... sir.
- Cain: Good... me, too.
- Cain: Stand at ease, lieutenant, and come forward. Seems you've had quite a day. I'm promoting you to captain. I'm making you commander of the Pegasus air group.
- Kara: You're promoting me?
- Cain: I need a CAG with guts and initiative to plan and lead the attack on this fleet.
- Kara: Starbuck to all vipers - do not fire. Repeat, do not fire. I am a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies, so, let's just... be friendly.
- Roslin: (to Adama, about Cain) I'm afraid this can only end one way. You've got to kill her.
- Adama: What can I get you?
- Roslin: A new body. Perhaps one of those young Cylon models from the Resurrection Ship.
- Adama: I can't see you as a blonde.
- Roslin: You'd be surprised.
- Cain: I hear you want to return to Caprica.
- Kara: Yes, sir. We have people back there still alive.
- Cain: Yes, and they deserve to be saved. I absolutely agree. In fact, I will go one step further and I will say that our ultimate goal is that we should return to the 12 colonies and kick the Cylons the frak out of our homes. What do you think of that, Captain?
- Kara: I think that's the best idea I've heard all day, sir.
- (Adama and Cain are ordering each other's assassinations)
- Cain: Jack, I want to transfer a detachment of marines to Galactica. And I want you to handpick them. Completely reliable, completely loyal. Razors.
- Adama: I have a mission for you, Kara.
- Kara: Anything for you, you know that.
- Adama: Don't accept too quickly. You won't like this one. I don't like it, but I decided that it has to be done.
- Cain: I'm transferring you to Galactica as well. I'll tell Adama that you're there to be my eyes and ears. He'll hate it; he'll think you're my spy and try to freeze you out of decision making, but he'll accept it. Now I want you to stay in CIC throughout the attack. Stay with Adama.
- Adama: After the attack is completed, and you've accounted for your pilots, I want you to land your bird on the Pegasus to report directly to CIC. You'll take Lee with you; he'll watch your back.
- Cain: Position marines in key areas throughout the ship, and keep a squad posted just outside: CIC.
- Adama: There'll be the normal chaos and emotional high after the attack.
- Cain: They'll be slapping each other on the back, celebrating the victory.
- Adama: That'll keep their guard down.
- Cain: Security will be lax.
- Adama: I will ask for you over the wireless.
- Cain: I will call you directly, and when I have you on the line, and you hear me give the command "Execute Case Orange".
- Adama: When you hear me say "Downfall".
- Cain: you are to signal the marines to terminate Adama's command. Start it with Adama.
- Adama: I want you to pull out your weapon... and shoot Admiral Cain in the head.