Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Space Conflict from Beyond Pluto
Space Conflict from Beyond Pluto is the sixth episode of the first season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Frylock attempts to make contact with aliens and is successful... but there's only two problems. First, the aliens want to take over Earth, and second, they're too stupid to pull it off.
- In the episode opener, Dr. Weird invites the viewer to behold as he drops his robe.
- The names of the two Plutonians, Emory (Green) and Oglethorpe (Orange), are the names of two small universities in the Atlanta area where the Cartoon Network and Williams Street studios are located.
- Look Hard: In the opening scene where Frylock is playing his keyboard, a picture of a young Dr. Weird and Frylock can be seen in his room.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Close Encounters of The Third Kind: Frylock's attempt to reach out to alien lifeforms by playing a tune on his keyboard in this episode alludes to the way scientists in the film Close Encounters of The Third Kind attempted to communicate with an alien mothership.
- Oglethorpe: Hey... what is all this interrogation? Let's toss the Frisbee... over there... where we will MELT YOU INTO FLUID!
- Shake: Look, that beam came from space. You don't own space, so quit acting like you do.
- Carl: Taste the chrome!
- Frylock: Uh, Shake...
Shake: What do you want?
Frylock: Carl is here.
Shake: How did you get this number? (Looks at monitor) I'm not here...
Carl: Oh you're not there?
Shake: I... Hello Carl.
Carl: Hey, buddy! How you doing there? Pizzaland, huh? That's lots of fun. Hey uh, I wanted to let you know, that you burned my frickin' house down!
Shake: But the grass is gone, correct? Look, that is the cost of doing business. I told you there would be risks.
Carl: Yeah, no. The grass is gone. Just like your face is gonna be gone when I shove it in a pastrami slicer...
Shake: Ha ha hah, slice my face off, you are clever! You're a quick wit! Ah, well look, relax. And I'll be down there in like, five minutes. And we'll iron all this out, okay?
Carl: Oh yeah, that sounds great! Yeah, we'll iron it out. I'll go get my iron. My tire iron. (Shake hangs up)
- Oglethorpe: We are on top secret mission of world domination!
Frylock: World Domination? You guys couldn't take over a damn bowl of Jello.
Emory: Hey is this Jello like, an important place or something?
Oglethorpe: Where is it?!