Alias/Q & A
Q & A is the seventeenth episode of the first season of Alias, and the seventeenth episode overall. Sydney is questioned by an FBI team about her past.
Sydney, confined under NSA Directive 81A that allows her to be held without charge or trial indefinitely, is questioned by an FBI team led by Officer Kendall. Recounting details about her intial recruitment, training, operations, and her revelation of SD6's true nature, Sydney is also questioned about her father's intentions and how she is involved with SD6's quest for Rambaldi artifacts.
Vaughn, in an effort to clear Sydney of suspicion, pores over the decoded Rambaldi prophecy and comes across the passage, 'This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mount Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire.'. Knowing of the literal interpretation that Dept. of Special Research has taken with Rambaldi, Vaughn, Weiss, and Jack plan to break Sydney out of FBI custody and take her to Rambaldi's home on Mount Subasio so that she can't fulfill the Prophecy.
Jack threatens Sydney's location from Haladki, who was formerly of the FBI and knows their procedures, and grab Sydney as she is about to be transported to a safe house. Giving her a non-descript car and disguise, Sydney has tickets to go to Italy but is spotted by police on the way. In an extended car chase, Sydney is cornered on a pier and drives her car into the ocean. Faking her death by breathing from the car's tire, she arranges to meet her father one more time. While underwater, she had the revelation that the characteristic anomalies specified by Rambaldi would be shared by her mother and her mother was very capable of faking her death in a similar fashion. Sydney is now convinced both that her mother is the figure of the Prophecy and that she is actually alive.
- The 'SD' of SD6 is Section Disparue which means disappeared section or hidden section in French.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Sydney: (relating the SD6 charter) The retrieval and study of intelligence, both military and industrial, throughout the world that is critical to the superiority and survival of the United States of America. It's the company line.
- Jack: (threatening Haladki) If you report this conversation, you will never wear a hat again.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0