|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
The Office (USA)/Basketball
Basketball is the fifth episode of the first season of The Office, and the fifth episode overall.
Michael and select members of the staff train for a basketball game against the warehouse workers. Confident that his team will be victorious, Michael bets that the losing side be required to work on a Saturday.
Tensions run high during the basketball game, with Jim and Roy trading shots on the court in front of Pam.
Of apparently the entire sales staff, the worst player is apparently Stanley. Kevin, Phyllis, and Jim are likely the best of the sales staff.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Michael: This is the foreman, Mi'ter Rogers.
Darryl: That's not my real name.
Michael: No. No, it's Daryl. Darryl is Mi'ter Rogers.
Ryan: Darryl Rogers?
Darryl: Darryl Philbin. Then Regis, then Rege, then Roger, then Mi'ter Rogers.
- Michael: But you would follow me to the ends of the earth, grumbling all the way. Like that dwarf...from Lord of the Rings.
Michael: Nerd. That is why you're not on the team.
Dwight: Just trying to be helpful.
Michael: 'I'll help. Elwyn Dragonslayer. Ten points, power sword.'
- Jim: (in reference to needing a team cheerleader) I'll do it. Wear a little flouncey skirt if you want, and...
Michael: Yeah, I bet you would. Just try not to be too gay on the court. ... And by gay I mean...you know, not in a homosexual way at all. I mean the, uh, you know, like the bad-at-sports way. I think that goes without saying.
- Pam: Maybe Angela would cheerlead.
Michael: Yeah right.
Phyllis: I'll do it.
Michael: Yuch. That's worse than you playing.
- Michael: When I am playing hoops, all of the stress and responsibility of my job here just melts away. It's gone. I'm in the zone. Who am I? Am I Michael Scott? I don't know. I might just be a basketball machine.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0