Power Rangers/Kimberly Hart
From The TV IV
Kimberly Hart (portrayed by Amy Jo Johnson) is a student at Angel Grove High. She's one of five that was originally chosen to protect the Earth in a group collectively known as, the Power Rangers. During the first season, Kimberly is seen as a typical valley girl, but transforms into a graceful fighter and well-balanced person by season three. In Rangers Back in Time (1) and (2), young Kimberly is portrayed by Maxxe Sternbaum
Kimberly is a budding gymnast and friend to Jason, Zack, Billy and Trini. When Rita Repulsa is released from her space dumpster and sets up a moon base, Zordon calls forth the five teenagers to protect Earth from her attacks. Kimberly is given the power of the Pterodactyl, which will give her the ability to transform into the Pink Ranger.
While not protecting the world from evil forces, Kimberly and the other teens are usually seen hanging out at the Angel Grove Gym & Juice Bar, run by Ernie. Also regulars to the Juice Bar are Bulk and Skull, the school bullies. Skull becomes infatuated with Kim early on, which is only made stronger when Baboo slips an evil potion into she and Billy's drinks, along with many of Rita's other spells. However, at one point Kimberly showed him affection back without being under the influence of an evil/love spell.
When a new kid shows up in Angel Grove by the name of Tommy, Kim is immediately smitten with him. Only to find out that he is the evil Green Ranger that she and the other rangers have been fighting. After the spell is broken, however, Tommy eventually works up the courage to ask her out on a date, to which she enthusiastically accepts. The two seem to be a happy couple throughout the series, when not under evil spells, even double dating with Zack and Angela.
When Lord Zedd arrives, much to Rita's dismay, he sends down a monster which freezes the rangers' zords in battle. Kimberly is given an upgrade to her Pterodactyl Dinozord, the Firebird Thunderzord. However, the teens can only access the upgrades after they free their old zords.
Upon Rito Revolto's arrival, the Thunderzords are destroyed. The teens must travel to the Desert of Despair to seek out Ninjor, creator of the power coins. After an initial rejection from Ninjor to the team, Kimberly is given the spirit of the crane, power of the ninja and Crane Ninjazord.
Kimberly suffers a difficult decision when her mother decides to move to Paris, France with her fiance. She begins having strange nightmares about the subject, which Rita and Zedd bring to life. In the end, Kim tells her mother and they decide that it's best for her to move in with Aisha until the end of the school year. At this point, Kimberly is heavily training in her gymnastics and meets Coach Schmidt, a famous gymnastics coach. After learning she has no coach, he agrees to train her. Rita learns of the vigorous schedule he has her on, so she sends down Kat to spy on her, who had just stolen her power coin beforehand. Between the constant rangering and gymnastics, Kimberly's body begins to shut down, leading to her falling off the balance beam without a spotter. Kat breaks free of Rita's spell and calls an ambulance to get her to the hospital. Kimberly's not sure if she wants to continue her gymnastics, but Katherine tells her of a similar experience she had with diving, which leads to the both of them getting back onto the balance beam and diving board, respectively. After Kat returns Kimberly's power coin, she is given the power herself after Kim decides to leave for Florida to continue training with Coach Schmidt.
While in Florida, Kimberly sends a Dear John letter to Tommy, who reads it aloud to the rest of the team and is heartbroken.
Kimberly returns to Angel Grove with Jason, to surprise the team and help out with Little Angel's Haven possibly closing down. However, Divatox captures she and Jason, sacrificing them to her fiance, Maligore. With this, they were turned evil and sicced on their friends. With a little help from Lerigot, Jason and Kimberly were returned to normal and made it home in time for the karate tournament.
- 1x01 - Day of the Dumpster: Kimberly (along with Jason, Trini, Zack and Billy) meet Zordon and Alpha 5 for the first time and become Power Rangers. This is also the first time Kimberly's hobby of gymnastics is shown.
- 1x02 - High Five: Kimberly and the other rangers receive their communicators from Billy. This will allow them to communicate with each other and Zordon, as well as teleport to the Command Center without Alpha's assistance.
- 1x14 - Foul Play in the Sky: We meet Kimberly's uncle Steve, a pilot. Although we never seen him again, Kimberly mentions him in later episodes.
- 1x49 - Return of an Old Friend (1): Kimberly's parents are shown going through a divorce.
- 2x02 - The Mutiny (2): Kimberly's Pterodactyl Dinozord is given an upgrade to become the Firebird Thunderzord.
- 3x06 - Ninja Quest (3): The team gets brand new powers, giving Kim the power of the crane and a new alternative ninja costume.
- 3x08 - A Brush with Destiny: Kimberly's mom moves to France with her fiance, leaving Kim in the care of Aisha's parents.
- 3x21 - Follow That Cab!: Kim reads an article on Gunther Schmidt, a famous gymnastic coach who will train her for the Pan Global Games, starting with the following episode.
- 3x24 - A Different Shade of Pink (3): Kimberly passes her powers onto Katherine, as she decides to move to Florida to pursue gymnastics full-time.
- 1x35 - The Green Candle (2): Tommy and Kimberly officially become a couple.
- 4x15 - There's No Business Like Snow Business (1): Tommy receives a Dear John letter from Kimberly, who is still in Florida.
- In Happy Birthday, Zack, Kimberly mentions that she owns a poodle, however, we never see it on the series.
- The Spit Flower was the first of many mentions of Kimberly's hobby of gardening. She designed a float for the Flower Power Peace Parade in this episode.
- Kimberly was a member of the pep/cheerleading squad. This was first mentioned in Calamity Kimberly, when her pep squad plans get ruined. It was mentioned again when Kim's cousin Kelly tries out for the Junior High cheerleading squad in Enter... The Lizzinator.
- Kimberly is a singer-songwriter, as first shown in The Song of Guitardo and again in I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger.
- Although she doesn't do it recreationally, Kimberly is an excellent painter, as shown in Blue Ranger Gone Bad.
- In Forever Red, Kimberly was originally said to be married to Skull. However, it was cut from the final script.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie: Catch ya on the flip side.
- 1x01 - Day of the Dumpster: Nice Stereo. (Repeated in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.)
- 1x10 - Happy Birthday, Zack: Don't look at me. I don't speak Billy.
- 1x52 - Two Heads are Better Than One: Polly wanna Megazord?
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie: Evil is like evil does.
|Mighty Morphin - Zeo Characters|
| Jason Lee Scott • Zack Taylor • Trini Kwan • Kimberly Hart • Billy Cranston • Tommy Oliver |
Delphine • Cestro • Aurico • Tideus • Corcus
Zordon • Alpha 5 • Ninjor • Auric
King Mondo • Queen Machina • Sprocket • Klank • Orbus • Louie Kaboom • Gasket • Archerina