|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
Kidnapped! is the fifth episode of the first season of Frisky Dingo, and the fifth episode overall. While Watley tries to dispose of radioactive waste and his antfarm keyboards, Killface starts a kidnapping and ransom plot with Xander Crews as the target.
Voiced By: Mike Bell (Phil), David Caicedo (Waiter), Stuart Culpepper (Stan), Christian Danley (Simon), Neal Holman (Xtacle), Kelly Jenrette (Sinn), Scott Lipe (Watley), Kate Miller (Grace Ryan), Eric Sims (Xtacle)
The ants in Watley's Ant Farm Keyboards have become smart from living inside the computers, forcing the government to close down the Ant Farm Keyboard factories. Xander has Watley dispose of the keyboards, along with some barrels of radioactive waste from Crews Toxic Waste Division, while he and Stan get started on a new plan for the dolls — simply asking Killface to sign a contract. Watley tries to dissolve the keyboards in the radioactive waste, but it only results in super intelligent, radioactive ants.
As Xander leaves, Killface launches an assault on Crews HQ with Sinn and Phil in order to kidnap Xander. However, Xander and Stan arrive at Killface's apartment to only find Simon, who brings them to the Annihilatrix at gunpoint. Upon finding Xander missing, Killface gives up on the endeavor and heads back to the Annihilatrix for an interview with Grace Ryan.
Watley, transporting the load of super intelligent, radioactive ants, sees the news van and decides to go to the Annihilatrix to see what's happening. Killface escorts the news crew to the top of the Annihilatrix and discovers his son holding Xander and Stan at rocket-point. As Killface demands a $12 billion ransom from Xander, the Xtacles drop in and threaten to kill Xander, and the waiter from Crews Inn arrives and threatens to shoot Xander. The waiter identifies himself as Grace Ryan's lover, sending Xander into a rage and a scuffle ensues. Grace Ryan is knocked off the catwalk, her fall into barrels of super intelligent, radioactive waste covered ants below is stopped by holding onto her microphone. But it snaps.
- Xtacles: After their salaries are slashed dramatically, the Xtacles decide to kidnap and kill Xander Crews.
- Grace: Grace is knocked off the Annihilatrix and falls into several barrels of super intelligent, radioactive waste covered ants.
- Budget Cuts: The Xtacles pay checks have been cut to the point that they're only receiving $105.14 per check. Incidentally, the ship which the Xtacles are riding in is named as the "Airship X-Calibur" on Xtacle Leroy's check.
- Watley's Ride: The rear license plate on Watley's truck is "KRB 16OZ." The front license plate reads "CRABBN."
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Splinter Cell: Simon wears a pair of night vision goggles similar to that worn by Sam Fisher in Ubisoft's Splinter Cell videogame series.
- SpongeBob Squarepants: Killface notices Sinn putting on makeup for Watley. This causes him to launch into a sarcastic tirade on how she wants to live under the sea with Arthur and have crab babies, then invite SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick over. SpongeBob and Patrick are two characters who live under the sea in Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Squiddly Diddly: Upon seeing Watley during the kidnapping raid, Killface calls him "Squiddly Diddly." Killface is referring to a cartoon squid which appeared in the b-segment of NBC's The Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show. The series was an hour-long Saturday morning cartoon show which aired between 1965 and 1967.
- Killface: Hi, Squiddly Diddly.
- Fourth Wall: During the attempted kidnapping of Xander, Killface remarks that they "only have 11 minutes [long pause] for this part of the kidnapping." This episode of Frisky Dingo only runs for 11 minutes.
- Stanleyupagus: While waiting outside Killface's apartment, Xander refers to Stan as "Bubbles," "Bubbleupagus," and "Bobo Baggins." Bubbles may be a possible reference to Bubbles the chimpanzee, a chimpanzee that used to live with Michael Jackson. Bubbleupagus is a reference to Snuffleupagus, a Muppet on Sesame Street. Bobo Baggins is a reference to Frodo and Bilbo Baggins, two characters in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.
- Osama: While being held at gunpoint inside a taxi, Xander refers to the cab driver as "Osama," a reference to the known wanted terrorist and Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
- Peabody Award: Grace Ryan mentions her desire to win a "local Peabody." The Peabody Awards are awarded to honor distinction and achievement within the fields of broadcast journalism, documentary making, educational programming, children's programming, and entertainment. The local Peabody Awards are a smaller scale version which give awards to specific local broadcasting.
- London Calling: After killing the taxi driver, Killface says "London calling." "London Calling" is a song by The Clash off their 1976 album of the same name. The title alludes to the BBC World Service's station identification: "This is London calling ...", that was used during World War II, often in broadcasts to occupied countries.
- Killface: London calling!
- Casper: Xander refers to Simon as "Casper the Mumbly Fucking Ghost." This is a reference to Casper the Friendly Ghost, an animated cartoon character.
- Sinn: You didn't kill the taxi driver?
Killface: No, you know I was, but I think it's hard enough on the Arabs in this beastly country right now, so I-
Sinn: I don't think he's Arab.
Phil: No, I'm pretty sure that guy is Filipino.
Killface: Oh, well then. [shoots the taxi driver] London calling.
- Grace Ryan: Baby, what are you doing up here?!
Xander: Casper the mumbly fucking ghost over there kidnapped me.
Stan: Us. Double kidnapping.
Killface: Simon? You did this all by yourself?
Simon: [mumbles something]
Killface: Come over here and hug papa's neck!
Xander: That's your son!?
Stan: Huh, he is a he.
Killface: Oh I'm so proud of you! We're going to split a half pint of lager and watch Cinemax all night.
Xander: Well you can forget being an action figure!
Killface: Sorry, what?
Stan: Can we just forget the whole action figure conceit? Please?
Killface: Xander Crews! [pulls out gun] I demand a ransom of $12 billion dollars!
Xander: Oh, terrific.
Killface: For you.
[The Xtacles drop in with guns drawn]
Xtacle 1: He's not paying you a dime, Killface!
Xtacle 2: [points his gun at Xander] 'Cause dead men don't pay ransom!