From The TV IV
XPO is the fourth episode of the first season of Frisky Dingo, and the fourth episode overall.
Voiced By: Mike Bell (Phil), David Caicedo, Stuart Culpepper (Stan), Christian Danley (Simon), Kelly Jenrette (Sinn), Scott Lipe (Watley), Kate Miller (Grace Ryan), Tiffany Morgan (Kari), Casey Willis (Waiter)
Mao, a Chinese laundromat owner whose coupon was featured on the Annihilatrix postcard, takes a lien out Killface's possessions thanks to his investment not paying off. As the repo men go to work on cleaning out Killface's apartment, Awesome-X pays a visit to Mao for more information on the whereabouts of Killface. There, he discovers that Mao secured a minority business loan by pretending to be Asian and gets all of his coupon postcards and the location of Killface by threatening to shoot him.
Afterwards, Xander Crews launches "Operation Snooperfax," sending a fax to a machine which he secretly placed in Killface's cleaned-out apartment. The fax is an invitation to an inventor's expo in which the first prize is $12 billion, the amount Killface needs to complete the Annihilatrix, and $64 thousand for Best Presentation, the amount he needs to pay back Mao. Killface accepts the invitation, taking Sinn, Simon and Phil with him to the Crews-Inn Desert Inn in Vegas.
At the Crews-Inn, Xander informs Stan and Watley of his plan to misdirect Killface into signing over his likeness by declaring him the winner and giving him a fake check. To make it seem like a real competition, Watley presents his invention—an Ant Farm Keyboard—but Xander deviates from the plan and declares Watley's invention the winner in the middle of Killface's presentation. However, Killface goes home with Best Presentation.
Meanwhile, Xander attempts to hook up with a Crews-Inn waitress. Grace Ryan sees the two together and, in retaliation, sleeps with a Crews-Inn waiter.
- Cruisin' Countach: Xander's stretch limo is a stretched Lamborghini Countach with the license plate "CROOZIN'."
- OU812: Killface's minivan has a handicap license plate "OU8 12." OU812 is the name of an album released by Van Halen in 1988.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- XPO: The title of this episode comes from the fax Xander sends Killface for the "1st Annual Xander Crews Inventor's XPO." Of course, Xander meant "expo" instead of "XPO," meaning an exhibition or show.
- Killvis: During their presentation, Killface and his presentation cohorts are dressed up in the jumpsuits made famous by Elvis Presley while he was a live performer in Las Vegas. The group also has Elvis' hair and sunglasses.
- Denny's: After losing the inventor's expo, Killface asks his team if they're up for some Denny's. Denny's is a family restaurant chain in the United States.
- Awesome-X: Do you know this man? [holds up Annihilatrix postcard]
Mao: Oh this damn guy come in shop he say he want be in business and I say sure damn guy what that entail he say pay me money I make postcard with coupon on front now Mao out sixty-four large with minimal response.
Awesome-X: What the hell did he just say?
Xtacle 1: I don't know. Something about a coupon.
Mao: 3-piece $6.99!
Xtacle 1: Actually, that's pretty low.
Mao: Hell damn robot guy that's crazy low!
Awesome-X: Just a damn minute, Mr. Man. Are you even Asian?!
Mao: [wipes off Asian disguise] Yeah, see, I kinda got this minority business loan. [Xtacles pull their guns on Mao]
Awesome-X: Those loans are for non-threatening educated women of color!
Xtacle 1: Yeah, like maybe she wants to go into real estate.
Xtacle 2: Or maybe open a beauty salon.
Awesome-X: Screw it, shoot him.
- Watley: To Vegas, baby! Going to Vegas!
Stan: Watley, get in the damn car!
Xander: Oh come on, he's just excited for Vegas.
Watley: I like to call it "Lost Wages."
Xander: [laughing] Niiice.
Stan: Well calm down. It's not prom night.
Watley: Yeah, 'cause I'm not getting raped.
Xander: Hey, rape free zone right here, buddy. 'Till I get a couple more drinks in me. I'm kidding! Let me see them big titties. Ahhh, I'm kidding!