Battlestar Galactica (2003)/The Passage
The Passage is the tenth episode of the third season of Battlestar Galactica, and the forty-third episode overall.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Admiral William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Major Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Galen Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Captain Karl "Helo" Agathon), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (Lieutenant Anastasia "Dee" Dualla)
Cast: Patrick Currie (Enzo), Bodie Olmos (Hotdog), Brad Dryborough (Hoshi), Leah Cairns (Racetrack), Sebastian Spence (Narcho), Tiffany Lyndall-Knight (Hybrid), Sean Roche (Hungry Boy), Ian Rozylo (Convulsing Pilot)
Secrets from Viper pilot Captain Louanne Katraine's past are brought into the light during the events surrounding a dangerous passage through a radioactive star cluster to find a new food source.
- Kara's joking comment about giving Cottle "head" was censored during American airings. It went unaltered when aired on Sky One and DVD.
Behind the Scenes
- Adama and Tigh's joke about a paper shortage is a likely in-joke, as a paper shortage was discussed to be issues in the episodes "Water" and "Resistance".
- In the dialogue between Three and Baltar, mention of "Jupiter" spoken onscreen is substituted with the name "Zeus" in the closed caption. This is due to the fact that the original lines reflected the title of the following episode, which was later renamed. The former title reflected the Greek mythos employed in the series, Zeus' Roman counterpart being Jupiter. Although the Colonial religion is based on Greek mythology, this is another occurrence of gods being called by those of their Roman counterpart.
Allusions and References
- Adama tells Kat that he would have liked to have had a third child, a daughter. In the original series, Adama has a daughter named Athena in addition to his two sons.
- Tigh: You get these people to the other side, they think there's a diner and a chef waiting to take their order.
- Adama: When they gonna learn they gotta process the thing first, for frak's sake?
- Tigh: Try telling that to a bunch of empty stomachs.
- Adama: I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
- Tigh: No. Paper shortage.
- (they both burst into laughter)
- Adama: Not a good sign.
- Kat: Admiral, I - I know. I'm so sorry.
- Adama: I'm not here to lecture. I'm letting you know about a promotion. I'm making you CAG again.
- Kat: Sir, you know I'm not getting out of here, right?
- Adama: You earned it. What you did was harder than facing a bullet. You did it without putting one other soul in harm's way. I don't know if I could have done that. I wish there was something more I could give you.
- Kat: No, it's good. I'd like to be CAG very much. Thank you. (begins crying) Sir, there - there's a thing, a reason why you might not want to do this. Kara knows what it is, but I wanted to tell you myself.
- Adama: I don't need to know anything other than what I already know. When you were CAG, you protected your people, made them feel safe enough to be brave. What you were gonna say, does it change that?