Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Unfinished Business
Unfinished Business is the ninth episode of the third season of Battlestar Galactica, and the forty-second episode overall.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Admiral William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Major Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six) (credit only), Grace Park (Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Galen Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Captain Karl "Helo" Agathon), Nicki Clyne (Cally Tyrol), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (Lieutenant Anastasia "Dee" Dualla)
A boxing arena set up to relieve tension among the crew stirs up memories of personal events on New Caprica before the Cylon occupation.
Behind the Scenes
- There is an extended version of this episode that runs 70 minutes, so far found only on the Region 1 Season 3 DVD set. Among the additional material included is a scene that shows Kara and Tigh bonding and is more explict in depicting Adama and Roslin getting high, something the network had forced to tune down for broadcast.
Allusions and References
- When Tyrol gets into the ring, he's wearing his dog tags, but when he hits the mat after Adama's punch they are suddenly gone.
- At the end of the fight with Adama, Tyrol has a spot of blood on the right side of his neck that comes and goes.
- Kara: The Old Man's got chops! He knows when to make his moves, when to hold back. I wish I could say the same for his son.
- Adama: When you stand on this deck, you be ready to fight, or you dishonour the reason why we're here. Now remember this: when you fight a man, he's not your friend. Same goes when you lead men. I forgot that once. I let you get too close, all of you. I dropped my guard. I gave some of you breaks, let some of you go, before the fight was really over. I let this crew and this family disband, and we paid the price in lives. That can't happen again.
- Kara: (to Lee) So, what, you got the guts to try and frak another man's woman, but not to fight them? I wonder if Dee knew what she was getting. You think she would have settled for sloppy seconds?