|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
Angel/Rm w/a Vu
From The TV IV
Rm w/a Vu is the fifth episode of the first season of Angel, and the fifth episode overall.
Monster of the Week
- Griff: Griff is a Kailiff demon. The extent of his powers and abilities aren't discussed, but Griff works as a bounty hunter/hired muscle for someone that Doyle borrowed money from. They may nor have any powers at all other than average demon strength, because he's seen with a gun later in the episode.
- Maude Pearson: Maude is the woman who built the apartment that Cordelia moved into thanks to Doyle's connection. She's no different from any other ghost with the exception that she specializes in committing murders that look like suicides. She murdered her son in order to keep him from leaving her and had a heart attack shortly after completing the deed. She left the apartment after Cordelia demolishes the wall concealing Dennis's bones.
|1||Kailiff demon||Maude||Stabbed||Cordelia's apartment|
|2||Griff||Angel||Neck snapped||Cordelia's apartment|
|4||Maude||—||Heart attack||Cordelia's apartment|
Songs are listed in order of appearance in the episode.
- Beethoven - Symphony No. 5
- The Mills Brothers - You Always Hurt the Ones You Love
- Cordelia: Cordelia moves out of her roach infested apartment and into one haunted by ghosts. Her new address is #212 Pearson Arms and she shares it with a phantom named Dennis.
- BtVS - 1x01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth: Aura is presumable the same Aura from the first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who found an "extreme dead guy" in her locker.
- Cordelia: God, Aura. I can't believe I missed your calls!
- BtVS - 3x22 - Graduation Day: Sunnydale High School was destroyed in a massive fireball when students attempted to prevent the mayor from turning into a demon.
- Doyle: Your diploma's all burned
- First "Appearance": This episode marks the first appearance of Phantom Dennis, Cordelia's ghostly roommate. However, this is the only episode in which he actually appears in human form. Because of this, Jane Espenson, did not get any more money for his later "appearances."
Behind the Scenes
- Ratings: On its first airing, this episode scored a 5.2/8 in the overnight Nielsen ratings. It was ranked 4th out of the 15 WB shows which aired that week.
Allusions and References
- Poltergeist: Cordelia references Poltergeist, a series of horror movies about a house that is haunted by the Native Americans buried beneath its foundation. The house coming alive is similar to many scenes in the movies.
- Cordelia: Tell me, is this the same guy that help me find my poltergeist-delicious apartment?
- Ghost: Patrick Swayze was the main character from the romantic drama Ghost. The movie was about Swayze attempting to make contact with his former fiancée, played by Demi Moore, so that he can warn her about a coming danger.
- Cordelia: How come Patrick Swayze is never dead when you need him?
- Steve & David Paymer: Steve Paymer is an actor who has appeared as a guest star on television shows like Will & Grace and Mad About You. His brother, David Paymer, is a much more accomplished actor who has had roles in movies like Amistad and Mr. Saturday Night.
- Kate: Now you're talking like a detective.
Angel: I am a detective.
Kate: Well, you see the thing about detectives is they have résumés and business licenses and last names. Pop stars and popes, those are the one-name guys.
Angel: You got me. I'm the Pope.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0