| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Everything Changes is the first episode of the first season of Torchwood. In the wake of a series of fatal stabbings in Cardiff, Police Constable Gwen Cooper stumbles over the covert operations of Torchwood and is eventually recruited into the organization.
Cast: John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness), Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper), Burn Gorman (Owen Harper), Naoko Mori (Toshiko Sato), Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones), Kai Owen (Rhys Williams), Indira Varma (Suzie Castello)
Co-Stars: Guy Lewis (Young Cop), Tom Price (P.C. Andy), Jason May (Soco), Rhys Swinburn (Body), Olwen Medi (Yvonne), Gwyn Vaughan-Jones (D.I. Jacobs), Dion Davies (Officer), Jâms Thomas (Hospital Porter), Paul Kasey (Weevil), Mark Heal (Security Guard), Gary Sheppeard (Pizza Lad), Gwilym Havard Davies (Man), Cathryn Davis (Woman)
Several references to episodes from the preceding two seasons of Doctor Who tie Torchwood into the same universe:
- 27x03 - The Unquiet Dead: When they traveled back to 1869, the Doctor and Rose discovered a dimensional rift under a morgue in Cardiff.
- Jack: There's a rift in space and time running right through the city.
- 27x09 - The Empty Child and 27x10 The Doctor Dances: The Doctor and Rose met Jack Harkness during the Blitz in 1941. He joined them at the end of the second episode.
- Gwen: I did some research and there's only one Captain Jack Harkness on record and he disappeared in 1941.
- 27x11 - Boom Town: The TARDIS with its chameleon circuit was parked right where the invisible elevator exits.
- Jack: We know how to use it, not how it happened, but if I were to guess I would say that there was once a dimensionally transcendental chameleon circuit placed right on this spot which welded its perception properties to a spacio-temporal rift.
- 28xSP2 - The Christmas Invasion: After the Doctor foiled the Sycorax' plan to conquer Earth, Torchwood shot down the spaceship in the sky above London. Also, the hand in the jar seen when Gwen enters Torchwood for the first time is probably the Doctor's hand that was cut off in the duel with the Sycorax leader.
- Jack: If you want evidence of aliens, how about that great big spaceship hovering over London on Christmas day?
- 28x02 - Tooth and Claw: Torchwood was founded as a paranormal investigative unit by an unamused Queen Victoria after the Doctor saved her from a werewolf in Scotland in 1879.
- 28x12 - Army of Ghosts and 28x13 - Doomsday: The omnipresent ghosts turned out to be Cybermen, and the ensuing battle between Daleks and Cybermen destroyed Torchwood One.
- Jack: What about the battle of Canary Wharf, a Cyberman in every home?
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Rose: Jack and Gwen running from the Weevil in the hospital is similar to the first encounter between the Doctor and Rose running from the Autons.
- Overall Grade: N/A with 0 reviews
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0