The Office (USA)/Performance Review
From The TV IV
Performance Review is the eighth episode of the second season of The Office, and the fourteenth episode overall.
Yearly performance reviews for the staff are the primary focus. Jan Levinson is going to come to the office to review Michael, causing him to speculate as to what her intentions are. Asking Pam for advice, she is flustered into suggesting that Jan is interested in him to avoid a negative performance review. Jan comes to the office causing much speculation among the staff and an embarrassing reading of the suggestion box entries that have sat unread for over six years.
Dwight mistakenly thinks that the day is Friday when it is instead Thursday. With the help of Jim and Pam, who reinforce the idea that it is Friday, he doesn't come into work the next day ruining his perfect attendance record.
- Michael gives Stanley an excellent performance review based on his skill in reading into Jan's phone message while both Dwight and Angela get satisfactory results.
- Dwight gets drunk with his laser tag team on Wednesdays. His motivating song he plays while preparing to present his justifications for a raise is Mötley Crüe's Wild Side.
- Jan and Michael's rendezvous in "The Client" is continually and painfully referenced throughout the episode.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Stanley: Sometimes women say more in their pauses than they say in their words.
Stanley: Oh yes. Let's listen to it again, but this time really listen to the pauses
Michael: God Stanley, that's frickin' brilliant. How do you know that? Did you learn that on the streets? ...Sorry.
Stanley: No, that's ok. I did learn that on the streets. In the ghetto in fact.
Michael: No kidding.
Stanley: (later, in a camera interview) It's all about my bonus.
- Jan: Please don't smell me Michael.
- Michael: (pulling from the suggestion box) Next suggestion.
Dwight: Next suggestion.
Michael: Don't s...Ok, that's is blank. Don't...
Dwight: Don't sleep with your boss. Do you think is referring to you boning Jan?
- Dwight: Michael...I'm sorry, I'm interrupting. Were you two making out?
- Dwight: (going over his justifications for getting a raise) I've even come in on holidays.
Michael: You do? How do you get in?
Dwight: I have a copy of your key.
Jan: That's a serious offense!
Michael: That is a serious offense. Very serious. As is toying with a man's heart.
- Overall Grade: N/A with 0 reviews
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0
- Be the first to write a review!