| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Episode 4 is the fourth episode of the first season of Surface, and the fourth episode overall.
Events continue to escalate as the world is impacted by the new species and Dee has a close encounter with the creature.
Guest Stars: Caroline Kent (Emily Connelly), Kelly Collins (Tracy Connelly), Brent Sexton (Bud), Austin Nichols (Jackson), David Silverhorn (Senator), Samuel Elliotte Whisnant (Pitcher), Taylor Kowalski (Catcher), Calvin Brown (Chef), Brenda Lo (Lady #1), Stephanie Siemiller (Lady #2), Mimmye Goode (Baucom), Deacon Dawson (Customer #1), Sarah Sullivan (Lisa), Michael Harding (Doctor Davey), Sharon Graci (Sharon), Bill Roberson (Manager), E. Roger Mitchell (Kenny), Keeley Locke (Chloe), Victoria Staley (Heather Connelly), Leslea Fisher (Amber)
The world begins to have direct environmental impact of the creatures, as thousands of squid wash ashore, possibly due to the lack of predators now that whales are being eaten. Several weather balloons are blown off course due to changes in the jet stream.
Miles moves Nim to a nearby abandoned pool and escalates his battle with his sister. This rises in escalation until she enlists a friend to trick Miles into revealing Nimrod's location using promise of affection. This backfires as Nim eats a pet poodle.
Dee continues to pursue the creature by enlisting the help of a friend, Jackson, with a boat. While out investigating, they find several whale carcasses with large bite marks on them. They track and chase the creature to the open sea and are disabled by an electrical pulse. While repairing the boat, Dee literally has one of the creatures beneath her feet and attaches a GPS locator on it.
Dr. Cirko begins to share his findings with people in Washington on the environmental impact of the creature, despite the urgings of Lee to wait until more concrete information is found.
Rich continues to deteriorate from nightmares and the belief his brother is not dead. Although shown to have no medical ailments, he freaks out on the job while investigating a broken water pipe for his insurance job. Having lost his job, his wife threatens to take the kids and leave him. He begins to draw images of a dark hole and makes the connection with the large sinkhole created earlier.
- There have been 49 sightings of the creature so far.
- Dr. Cirko states that the creature is omnivorous and confirmed at over 200ft long.
- Dee believes that with the GPS tracker she can collect information such as feeding patterns, lung capacity, and range of the creature.
- Dr. Cirko likens the new species to the Northern Snakehead, which was introduced to this continent and disturbed the ecological balance of the area. Due to the scary news reports and its ability to walk on land, the Snakehead spawned several 'Sci-Fi' horror movies such as 'Snakehead Terror' and 'Frankenfish'.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0