From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Episode 3 is the third episode of the first season of Surface, and the third episode overall.
Guest Stars: Caroline Kent (Emily Connelly), Louanne Cooper (Mrs. Bennett), Shishir Kurup (Dr. Krishna Singh), Kelly Collins (Tracy Connelly), Bobby Coleman (Jesse), Ric Reitz (Ron Bennett), Jennifer Badger (Kadee), David Sherrell (Wayne Johnson), Emily Labelle (Mallory), Adam Heffernan (Lab Tech), Max Darby (Conf. Goer #4), Denise Bass Dayahtry (Annie Parker), Kate Leahey (Park Ranger), Thomas Elliott (Co-Worker), Ben Jones (Grocery Clerk), Fred Maske (Reed Johnson), Carver Johns (Chester), Rob Trevelier (Hector Falk), Eric Paisley (Conf. Goer #3), Billy White (Conf. Goer #2), Monica Williamson (Conf. Goer #1), Lucinda Carmicheal (Secretary), Victoria Staley (Heather Connelly), Jennifer Gatti (Carolyn Pizzoli)
Dee has the hagfish sample tested, which suggests that the flesh contains some DNA from Liopleurodon, a prehistoric aquatic dinosaur. In addition, Dr. Cirko has her thesis linked with plagiarism, further alienating herself from the scientific community. In an attempt to obtain hard evidence, she collects an underwater audio recording on the day of her encounter with the creature.
Rich goes to a Cryptozoology conference, but finds promising leads to be little more than crazy alien speculation. Through a website, he contacts and exchanges information with Miles. Rich goes into a trance whenever he stares at water and later falls unconscious during a rainstorm convinced he heard the voice of his presumably dead brother.
Dr. Cirko and his team find evidence of a sinkhole far inland in Texas and are able to photograph one of the creatures emerging from magma at the bottom.
Miles feeds Nimrod more fish, who continues to grow. During a lightning storm, Nimrod sets fire to the playhouse.
- Unable to get work, Dee takes a job as a waitress.
- While under the healing effects of the creature's blood, Dr. Singh goes into a state described as hibernation with very low heart rate.
- Nimrod is able to power an unplugged television through proximity.
- While coated with the creature's blood, Dr. Cirko is able to hold his hand over an open flame without permanent effects.
- A sinkhole forms in Texas, an underwater volcano in the gulf, and the famous geyser 'Old Faithful' begins to spew lava.
- A creature is photographed emerging from lava, suggesting they can live at very high temperatures and may be kept alive by their regenerative blood.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0