Stargate SG-1/Tin Man
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Tin Man is the nineteenth episode of the first season of Stargate SG-1, and the nineteenth episode overall.
O'Neill and the SG-1 team arrive on P3X-989, only to be zapped by an electrical trap that renders them unconscious. When they awake, they find themselves in an underground lab with Harlan, a strange but apparently peaceful native of P3X-989 who claims to be 11,000 years old and who says he has not only fixed their injuries, but improved them. When they return to Earth, over Harlan's objections, the team members discover what he means. While they all feel like themselves, they are all now machines that have been implanted with the consciousness of the SG-1 team members. Worse, they will run out of power and die unless they return to P3X-989. Upon their return, they confront Harlan, who, as a robot himself is mystified by their demand that he put them back in their human bodies and sacrifice their immortality. Under pressure, he takes them to meet themselves in hopes of achieving a compromise between man and machine.
- Syndication airdate: February 22, 1999.
- The real people of P3X-989 are called "Altairians".
- Harlan and the robot duplicates of SG-1 return in the fourth season episode Double Jeopardy
- Don S. Davis and Jay Brazeau previously appeared in "The X-Files" episode, "One Breath" and the TV-movie "Prisoner of Zenda, Inc" together.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
Teal'c: Was there not a copy made of me?
Harlan: There was, but I had to disintegrate him.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0