Stargate SG-1/There But for the Grace of God
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
There But for the Grace of God is the twentieth episode of the first season of Stargate SG-1, and the twentieth episode overall.
While investigating P3R-233, Daniel stumbles across a device that projects him into a parallel dimension. In this universe, Carter and O'Neill are engaged, and Teal'c is still First Prime of Apophis. Using the knowledge "our" Daniel has, the SGA launches a nuclear attack on Chulak (Jaffa home planet) through the stargate. This results in a counter-attack as the Goa'uld send a horde of Pyramid Ships (Known as Ha'tak's) to destroy the parallel Earth, and Teal'c refuses to be swayed by those who wiped out his family. The parallel SGC (SGA) must somehow dial out of their stargate and get Daniel back to the planet so he can return to "his" universe.
- Syndication airdate: May 3, 1999.
- The people of P3R-233 may have not invented the quantum mirror because the remote for it was tagged as well as the other artifacts from other planets. P3R-233 was destroyed by the Goa'uld and left "Korush-nai" which is a warning meaning "Turn back", in other words it means that the planet was left radioactive.
- Estimated death toll to Earth was 1.5 billion.
- Refugees from the Genesis list including world leaders, scientists and doctors, were sent to the Beta Site.
- One blast from a "Ha'tak" is equal to a 200 megaton nuclear warhead.
- A wormhole can be maintained for 38 minutes.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
Scientists have theorized that there are an infinite number of dimensions, each containing a different possible version of reality, some of which are very different, and some of which are almost identical.
Differences and Similarities
- Stargate Command is known as SGA. O'Neill is a general, Hammond is a colonel, Carter is a civilian PhD in astrophysics.
- Jack and Sam are engaged. Daniel met Catherine but rudely refused to join the team translating the Giza cartouche.
- Daniel's last known residence was Giza, Egypt in 1997, he was killed by the Goa'uld attack.
- Teal'c remained First Prime of Apophis and led the attack on Earth.
- O'Neill has a scar over his left eye, Carter has long hair, Teal'c has a pony tail.
- There was no mission to Chulak. A bomb was sent through the gate to destroy Chulak.
- All of SG-1 and Earth were destroyed in the Goa'uld attack by the auto-destruct sequence on the base.
- The briefing room table was grey and red instead on black and red.
- The place where the SGC sent the Earth refugees is called the "Beta Site" but in our reality it is called the "Alpha Site".
- The stargate has an iris, and the SG-1 transmitter code was valid.
- O'Neill's son accidentally killed himself with Jack's gun.
- O'Neill led the suicide mission to Abydos to blow up the gate and destroy Ra.
- Catherine and Ernest had been engaged before the stargate accident in 1945.
- Teal'c has a wife and son Rya'c.
Daniel: Well, it sounds like I theoretically, possibly, actually found one!
Catherine: One what?
Daniel: One of those things Sam was talking about, an alternate reality!
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0