| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Solitudes is the eighteenth episode of the first season of Stargate SG-1, and the eighteenth episode overall.
The stargate malfunctions while Colonel Jack O'Neill and the SG-1 team are evacuating from a firefight on a hostile planet. As a result, Teal'C and Daniel Jackson make it back to Stargate Command, but O'Neill and Dr. Samantha Carter find themselves trapped near a stargate in an icy crevasse on an unknown planet. O'Neill is badly hurt - broken leg, internal injuries - so it falls to Dr. Carter to try to dig the nearby gate out of the ice and find a way to make it work. Meanwhile, as technicians try to repair the home gate, Teal'c and Daniel are trying to figure out what went wrong and where their comrades might be. They could be on any one of a million planets and if someone doesn't figure out which one soon, Carter and O'Neill will face a frigid death.
- Syndication airdate: April 26, 1999.
- We learn of the Atlantis (Antartic) stargate, years before the spinoff series is created.
- First appearance of Dan Shea as Sgt. Siler.
- This is the first use of the Antarctic gate.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
Sam: It would take them 10 years to find us.
Jack: Not if they started here.
Sam: I didn't know you could cook.
Jack: I can't. But my melted ice is to die for.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0