From The TV IV
To add a category to a page link to it like so [[Category:Category Name]] where Category Name is the name of the category. To ease future editing put all categories at the very bottom of the page.
Each program should be categorized in the following ways:
- All programs should be included in the Program category.
- All programs should be added to network categories for its original first run networks a list of network categories is located here Category:Networks
- All Programs get their own category that they should be added to in the following way [[Category:Show Title|*]] where Show Title is the same as the name of the show article being categorized.
All programs shall receive at lease one main genre category these are linked on the Main Page and are:
- Comedy (Definition)
- Drama (Definition)
- Reality (Definition)
- Events (A one time or annual program)
- Animated (Definition)
- There are cases where none of those five genres applies and the following categories may be used:
Various minor genre categories are also available to further describe programs:
These categories can be used for all main genres:
- Crime (Definition)
- Fantasy (Programs that involve significant use of magic or supernatural elements)
- Medical (Definition)
- Science Fiction
In addition the following categories can be used for specific main genres:
- News and Sports
- New Country categories can be created as needed.
- New City categories should only be created for significant cities.
Some genres and Time settings are further broken down into sub-categories.
- Science Fiction
- Soap Opera
New sub-categories can be created as long as they are clearly distinct and popular enough to have at least six shows included.
There are a few categories that describe different aspects of the program's format, audience or history and can apply to a wide range of programs.
- Spinoff Series (Definition)
- Resurrected Series (Programs that were cancelled but then came back)
- Miniseries (Definition)
- Children (Programs aimed at children)
- Family (Programs aimed at a family audience)
- Based on Motion Picture (Programs based on theatrical movies)
- DC Comics (Programs based on the characters owned by DC Comics)
- TV Movie (Programs that are made-for-TV movies)
- Special (One-time special programs that aren't TV movies)