Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Colonial Day
Colonial Day is the eleventh episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Commander William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii)
Cast: Nicki Clyne (Cally), Cailin Stadnyk (Ensign Davis), Bodie Olmos (Costanza/Hot Dog), Christina Schild (Playa Palacios), Biski Gugushe (Sekou Hamilton), James Ashcroft (Spectator #1), Patricia Idlette (Sarah Porter), Mario Battista (Gardener)
President Roslin uses the arrival of Colonial Day to form a new Quorum of Twelve. But soon Sagittaron's elected delegate Tom Zarek proposes that a vice president be chosen, his popularity quickly earning him a nomination. Not wanting to play into whatever Zarek maybe plotting, Roslin is adamant to choose her own candidate.
- Helo finally discovers that Sharon is a Cylon.
- Zarek finally gets at least one of the elections that he wanted in "Bastille Day".
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- The Colonial Gang is a reference to the Capital Gang, a political discussion program that aired on CNN.
- The tension of between the meeting of Roslin and Zarek is based on the meeting between Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin at the signing of the 1993 Oslo Accords.
- Roslin: Oh, don't worry, I won't be kissing you today.
- Tom Zarek: That's a shame. I shaved very closely in anticipation of being smacked by you.
- This exchange is worded very similar to an exchange in the 1970 film Patton.
- When Valance's gun falls out of his briefcase in the bar fight scene, a silencer can be seen attached. However, the silencer is gone in the rest of the scene, but back on during Valance's interrogation by Lee and Kara.
- Helo: Now all we have to do is wait until dark, infiltrate the most heavily fortified military hub on this planet, hope the Cylons haven't completely wasted the spaceport, steal a ship, locate Galactica, and fly to her without getting shot to hell.
- Sharon: Is that all?
- Kara: Do you have a problem with my hygiene?
- Lee: You have hygiene?
- Kara: I clean up good sometimes, all right?
- Lee: Well, let me know when it's one of those times.
- Adama: Politics. As exciting as war. Definitely as dangerous.
- Roslin: Though in war, you can only get killed once. In politics it can happen over and over.
- Adama: You're still standing.
- Roslin: So are you.