Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (or simply Blood & Chrome) is a TV movie that serves as an interquel between the series Caprica and Battlestar Galactica. It was originally developed to be a web series before Syfy commissioned it as movie pilot. However, the network passed on bringing it to series.
Guest Starring: Lili Bordán (Dr. Beka Kelly), Jill Teed (Commander Ozar), John Pyper Ferguson (Tech Sgt. Xander Toth), Brian Markinson (Commander Silas Nash), Karen LeBlanc (Lt. Jenna), Sebastian Spence (Lt. Jim Kirby), Ty Olsson (Osiris Helmsman)
Cast: Zak Santiago (Captain Diaz), Mike Dopud (Deke Tornvald), Adrian Holmes (Zachary Elias), Carmen Moore (Nina Leothe), Jordan Weller (Rookie Pilot Seamus), Tom Stevens (Marine Baris), Terry Chen (Crew Chief Tiu), Sooraj Jaswal (BSG CIC Marine), Leo Chiang (Osiris Marine Sergeant), Colin Corrigan (Osiris Marine), Zach Martin (Marine Strohmeyer), Aaron Hughes (Army Medic), Toby Levins (Pilot Sandman)
Uncredited: Tricia Helfer (Cylon Prototype) (voice only)
10 years into the Cylon War, Ensign William Adama is eager to serve the Colonial military and fight the Cylons. To his dismay he is relegated to a Raptor with Coker Fasjovik, his ECO who is eager to end his tour. Their first job seems at first to be a simple cargo delivery. It's instead a civilian who reveals they are now involved in a top secret mission that, if successful, could end the war.
- A significant portion of the cast previously appeared in Battlestar Galactica and/or Caprica as different characters.
Behind the Scenes
- Initially announced in March, 2010, the series was originally intended to be a ten-part online series before late October when Syfy decided to produce it as a TV series with a two-hour episode that could serve as a backdoor pilot. It's believed this was done with the intention of it replacing the first Battlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica which was cancelled the following week.
- The Galactica sets were filmed largely with green screen and added in post-production utilising digital reconstructions from the Battlestar Galactica sets that were scanned prior to its dismantling when the show had ended.
Allusions and References
- Husker: Sir, I just wanted to say, um, I've been following your record since you first joined the squadron. Some day, I hope to be half the pilot you are.
- Tornvald: I'll let you in on a little secret, kid.
- Husker: Yeah?
- Tornvald: It's bullshit. All of it.
- Coker: Did you just hear that? "Volunteers."
- Husker: So?
- Coker: So, congratulations, Husker. You just signed us up for a one-way trip.
- Husker: What's that noise he's making?
- Beka: It's screaming.
- Husker: I'm sorry, what? Screaming?
- Beka: They feel pain.
- Coker: Put this thing out of its misery, then.
- Cylon prototype: Are you alive?
- Cylon prototype: Do you think because you're more enlightened than the rest of your species we hate you any less?
|Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Unrated Edition||February 19, 2013||1|