|As many of you have noticed, the site is experiencing issues that affect editing and display of images. This is due to resource limitations on the current server setup. I am in the process of moving the site to a dedicated server. This should be completed in a day or two.|
Titus/At a Glance
From The TV IV
- Full Name: Titus
- Premiere Date: March 20, 2000
- Finale Date: August 12, 2002
- Networks: FOX (2000–2002)
- Titus was the very first television series to film episodes in high definition. It began this practice in the second season.
- Each episode was filmed in real time, with time taken out for flashbacks and "neutral zone" scenes. Because the show was filmed in such an organic way, producers hired editors who typically worked on high pressure live environments like award shows to edit the show while it was still being performed in front of the live audience.
- The chair that appears in the "neutral zone" is the same chair used in Christopher Titus' touring comedy show, Norman Rockwell Is Bleeding. The chair was likely not the original, however, because Titus would often rebuild the chair whenever he went to a new place because it was too heavy to drag along.
- The events depicted in the series were so close to similar events in the past that Titus' family members were required to sign release forms.
Awards and Accolades
- Nominated: Outstanding Art Direction for a Multi-Camera Series (2002)
- Nominated: Episodic Comedy (2002)
Art Directors Guild
- Nominated: Television - Episode of a Multi-Camera Series (2002)
- Won: Television - Episode of a Multi-Camera Television Series (2003)
Casting Society of America, USA
- Nominated: Best Casting for TV, Comedy Pilot (2000)
- Nominated: Best Casting for TV, Comedy Episodic (2001)
Satellite Awards, USA
- Nominated: Best Performance by an Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical (2001)