Stargate SG-1/Children of the Gods (2)
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Children of the Gods (2) is the second episode of the first season of Stargate SG-1, and the second episode overall.
Guest Stars: Robert Wisden (Major Bert Samuels), Alexis Cruz (Skaara/Klor'el), Gary Jones (Technician/Sergeant Walter Davis), Eric Schneider (Doctor), Colin Lawrence (Warren), Jay Acovone (Major Charles Kawalsky), Peter Williams (Apophis), Brent Stait (Major Louis Ferritti), Anthony Ashbee (Soldier), Andrew McIlwaine (Medic), Santo Lombardo (Bolaa), Vaitiare Bandera (Sha're/Amonet), Stephen Sumner (Goa'uld #1), Garvin Cross (Casey), John Tierney (Monk), Monique Rusu (Dark Skinned Woman), Rachel Hayward (Guard #3), Sean Amsing (Tobay), John Bear Curtis (Primitive), Adam Harrington (Goa'uld #2), J. B. Bivens (Guard #1), Jannette deVries (Female Serpent Guard)
Led by Colonel Jack O'Neil, a group of soldiers track the aliens to the planet Chulak. There they discover that Sha're is now Apophis' queen; her body has been taken over by the hideous snake creatures, known as Goa'ulds, who rule this planet and collect life forms from around the galaxy to use as hosts. They know they can't save her, but can they save themselves and Skaara before they're killed by the Goa'uld guards and before General Hammond sends a nuclear weapon through the Stargate to destroy the planet?
- Syndication airdate: September 14, 1998.
- In this, the second part of the pilot episode, Jack's friend Ska'ara, is taken as a Goa'uld host and becomes Klor'el, the "son" of Apophis and Amonet.
- We find out that Apophis is (in Egyptian Mythology) was the Serpent god who ruled the night.
- The Episode "Politics" States this episode occurred February 10th.
A Goa'uld symbiote enters Major Kawalsky's through his neck in this episode.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- At no point did they officially give Dr. Jackson permission to join SG-1 and 2 on the mission, however they specifically mentioned that he was not to go with them.
- In the scene where the Goa'uld are choosing new hosts, the Jaffa do not pull aside the curtains from Apophis' litter, forcing him to stumble through them in a clumsy -- and decidedly un-god like - fashion. What's the point of having an honor guard if they're going to allow him to make such an undignified entrance?
- Major Kawalsky is called "Captain" twice and he had the captain rank pins on his combat uniform yet on the dress uniform he had the major pins.
- The woman that the Jaffa took from the SGC said she was a Sergeant in the USAF but she had the senior airman insignia on her uniform.
- When Apophis's servants were cutting the clothes off the women, you can clearly see that they didn't actually cut their clothes off but faked and also you can hear the ripping sound that occurs when you tear Velcro off!
Jack: Help me! I can save these people!
Teal'c: Many have said that... (shoots his fellow Jaffa) ...but you are the first one I believe.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0