Shin Chan (US)/Honor and a Penis
Honor and a Penis, which has also been listed as To Be A Man..., is the third episode of the test run of FUNimation's adaptation of Shin Chan, and the third episode overall.
The Brotherhood of the Groveling Allowance
Shin, still sulking after being shot down for an allowance, teams up with his father Hiro so that both can get more allowance.
Action Bastard says: "Put Your Mouth on a Sausage!"
After the latest Action Bastard episode airs, a commercial runs saying that kids can get their own Bastard Belt if they buy ten peppered sausages and send in the sticker provided. Shin convinces his mother Mitzi to buy one peppered sausage per day, but Shin isn't too sure if he wants to eat something with peppers in it.
Hima Nohara in "Laundry Quandry"
In another Hima-Mitzi focused episode, Hima has taken a liking to building things out of small objects. Now she's more interested in building using glass dishes and condiments.
This episode begins by ripping off Spider-Man and explaining the life of Principal Ench, who, when the night falls, changes into Ench-man.
- Even though this is the third episode aired, it is the second produced.
- The plot of the first vignette is a continuation of the plot of the first vignette in Episode 1, Shin's Allowance.
This episode is famous for introducing the Trust Dance. The line Shin and Hiro say went through many revisions before making it to the recording booth.
Original translation from Clyde Mandelin:
- This is the male oath pose!
Joel Bergen's adaptation:
- Being true to my word is what makes me a man. That, and, balls!
Jared Hedges' modifications for lip-synch purposes:
- Being true to my word is what makes me a manly man. Well, that of course, and, balls!
- Being true to my word is what makes me a manly man. Well, of course then there's always my penis!
Zach Bolton's final re-wording of the line while directing the actors:
- To be a man you must have honor, honor and a penis!