Scrubs/My Faith in Humanity
From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
My Faith in Humanity is the twenty-third episode of the fourth season of Scrubs, and the ninety-first episode overall.
- Moving On Up: After deciding to move out of the apartment in the previous episode, J.D. spends part of this one searching for a place to live.
- Airdate: This episode was originally scheduled to air on April 26, 2005.
- Music: The song featured in this episode is "Closer to Spring" by Bang.
Behind the Scenes
- Easter Egg: The name "Mildred W." can be seen at the top of the white board. Mildred is the grandmother of the episode's writer, David Feinberg.
Allusions and References
- Turner and Hooch: Turner & Hooch is a 1989 buddy cop movie starring Tom Hanks as Detective Scott Turner, a man who must adopt the dog of a dead man in order to solve his murder. Incidentally, Tom's brother Jim Hanks appears in this episode as Dr. Turner.
- J.D.: Even though I had created a super medical crimefighting team, I felt lousy.
- Wilford Brimley: Most recognizable in movies like Cocoon, A. Wilford Brimley is a character actor who specializes in playing older, more curmudgeonly characters. He has appeared in several television series, but had a starring role in Our House.
- J.D.: You know what else is a lovely memory? That Sunday I spent eight hours helping you join the Wilford Brimley fan club.
- The Hulk: Bruce Banner (also known as The Hulk) is a superhero created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1962. After being doused with gamma radiation, Banner gained the ability to transform into the Incredible Hulk, a green monster fueled by rage. The character has spawned several solo comic book series, as well as a television series, a movie, multiple video games and even a shortlived UPN cartoon.
- J.D.: Yeah, you're like the brown Hulk.
- Greg Barton: As mentioned by Jake, Greg Barton is a world class kayaker. He has four Olympic medals in sprint kayaking and pioneered several techniques used in kayak racing.
- Jake: I don't know what the odds are, J.D., but what I do know is I'm about to go down to my truck, get my kayak paddle, and go Greg Barton on your ass.
- NHL Strike: During the 2004-2005 season, the NHL players union was locked out due to disagreements over salary caps and negotiation of payment for the players. As a result the entire season was forfeit and the NHL closed up shop until an agreement was met.
- Dr. Cox: Maybe because the NHL is on strike and I'm not getting my fill of toothless men knocking the hell out of each other.
- Turk: Hooch is crazy!
- Jake: Trust you? You don't even know where New Zealand is.
J.D.: You can dance your way there from Old Zealand.
Jake: ...Are you an idiot?
- Janitor: Elliot. My neighbor fainted too! Hey, you wanna go clubbing tonight? And I don't mean dancing-- I mean going up to the roof and killing rats.
Elliot: Janitor. I thought we were done with this?
Janitor: I know. Thought I'd give it a shot.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0