Mystery Science Theater 3000/City on Fire
From The TV IV
City on Fire is the sixteenth episode of the zeroth season of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the sixteenth episode overall.
A corrupt mayor allows an oil refinery to be build in the middle of the city. One day, a disgruntled employee sabotages the refinery and ends up starting a massive fire that threatens to engulf the entire city. Heroic hospital workers must keep up with a flood of new burn victims as their shoddily built facilities threaten to collapse. The fire department battles the blaze the best they can. An alcoholic news reporter who has fallen from the top sees the fire as her chance at the big time and covers all sides of the fire.
The Host Segments
- Opening Segment - The mad scientists are informed that they have been demoted to peeved researchers and as a result their funding is cut.
- Segment One - Tom Servo and Crow trick Joel with the old "black make-up on the telescope eye piece" gag.
- Segment Two - Joel shows off his new anti-theft device - the hell in a handbag.
- Segment Three - The bots perform a military song and march that praises Joel.
- Closing Segment - Gypsy comes out and shows off what she has spent all day creating - The Satellite News official newsletter for the Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan club, as well as a certificate of membership.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0