Home Movies/Get Away from My Mom
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Get Away from My Mom is the first episode of the first season of Home Movies.
Brendon is shocked to find out that Paula has planned to go out on a date with Coach McGuirk, while he also works on his new film, "The Dark Side of the Law".
Due to the nature of the episode, the "plots" were pretty thin, as they mainly served to introduce the characters, setting and general feeling of the show.
- The Dark Side of the Law: Brendon's first film with little or no connection to the actual episode. Played in its trailer, "Dark Side of the Law" is the cliche cop film where "one cop stands alone against evil and injustice".
- The Dark Side of the Law II: Sequel. Also shown in trailer format.
- First episode of the show, and thus the introduction of most of the main characters. And as with most pilots, some of the character aspects (Brendon and McGuirk's relationship, Jason's persona) were off what they later became.
- One of five episodes to air on UPN, and also has Paula Poundstone instead of Janine Ditullo playing Paula.
- Had an "opening" with Brendon running through the house; only episode to feature this besides Brendon Gets Rabies.
- This episode was one of the few to be entirely Retroscripted; that is, the actors went into the episode with literally no idea of how the plot would progress or what would happen. As the show went on its plots became more structured (though the dialogue remained improvised), and this is probably the loosest episode of the series.