Home Movies/Director's Cut
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Director's Cut is the sixth episode of the first season of Home Movies, and the sixth episode overall.
Additional Voices: Larry Murphy (Drew)
Brendon wants to do his personal masterpiece, "Louie Louie" (based on a chance meeting of Louie Pasteur and Louis Braille), but Melissa, Jason, Dwayne and his band all want to make a rock opera based on Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis. Brendon stubbornly refuses to make it, and breaks up with Jason and Melissa.
McGuirk has gotten a student coach to help him out, Coach Andrew. Andrew is actually good with kids, good at playing soccer, and helps the team to actually win some games, gaining the admiration and respect of the team. McGuirk decides to take him out.
- Metamorphosis: Dwayne's rock opera based on Kafka's "Metamorphosis" wins the approval of Jason and Melissa easily, but Brendon resists until a compromise is made.
- Louie Louie: Brendon feels that a film based on a chance meeting between Louie Pasteur and Louie Braille will be a masterpiece, but Melissa and Jason don't agree.
- Gnomes: Gnome #1 is seen replacing Dwayne's head during a scene in the Kafka movie. Gnome #2 is seen as an angel towards the end of the Kafka movie.
- Following a few years of cancellation from UPN, this was the first episode to air on the first night of Adult Swim.
- First episode with Janine Ditullo playing Paula, as Paula Poundstone got into some legal trouble.
- The writing style had changed in this episode to the extent that the plot was more mapped out beforehand (including the entire Kafka opera), and that the improv was toned down a bit.
- Music from this episode is available at Brendon's website