Home Movies/Brendon's Choice
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Brendon's Choice is the thirteenth episode of the first season of Home Movies.
After their movie Fat-Her wins at a local young filmmaker's contest, Brendon, Jason and Melissa are interviewed by Dixie Smithley for a piece on the news. But when Dixie notices some of the scenes in the movie and starts bringing up questions of Brendon's father, Brendon realizes that he barely knows him.
After Principal Plum sees his antics on the soccer field, Coach McGuirk is forced to take anger management classes with Dr. Fizzel.
- Fat-Her: Award-winnning film noir, it features subtext involving Brendon's father when a journalist (Brendon) taking on a powerful man gets caught in a love triangle with his wife (Melissa) and mistress (Jason).
- Two other films involving archaeologists and a wacky comedy kidnapping are seen, both involving fathers.
- The final episode of season one, and took a risk by ending on a cliffhanger. At the time, the show wasn't guarenteed to be renewed. The cliffhanger wouldn't be resolved until the episode Dad in season 2.
- Dr. Fizzel is the last character to be voiced by Mitch Hedberg.
- This episode is the first to bring up Brendon's father, a recurring plot point, character and idea.