Bates Motel/Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten is the first episode of the second season of Bates Motel, and the eleventh episode overall.
Also Starring: Richard Harmon (Richard Sylmore), Robert Moloney (Lee Berman), Lini Evans (Amelia Martin), Aliyah O'Brien (Receptionist), Gillian Barber (Dr. Helen Ginsberg), Loretta Walsh (PTA Mom), Broadus Mattison (Construction Guy), Don MacKay (Reverend)
Norma is troubled by Norman's fixation on Miss Watson's death. While her business is finally up and running, she discovers that the city is constructing the new bypass sooner than she thought. Meanwhile, Bradley, having been institutionalised after attempting suicide, is released and begins asking questions concerning her father's death.
- Deap Vally - "Lies"
- Haim - "The Wire"
- RAC featuring Penguin Prison - "Hollywood"
- Ariel's Pink Haunted Graffiti - "Baby"
- A Band Of Bees - "These Are Ghosts"
- Alexander Ghindin - "Transcriptions Bach Prelude"
- Four months pass following the death of Miss Watson.
- Norma learns the bypass is being constructed sooner than she had anticipated.
- Norman spots a strange man at Miss Watson's grave.
- It's revealed that Miss Watson, Blaire, was the "B" in Jerry Martin's letters and was dating Gil when Martin began sleeping with her. She was also the daughter of the rival weed family.
- Bradley shoots and kills Gil Turner.
- Norman becomes obsessed with Miss Watson's death and frequently visits her grave. He also has kept her pearl necklace. He later confessed to Norma that he saw her undressing and felt faint before he remember running. He feels guilty that if had stayed, he might have prevented her murder.
- Norman begins taxidermy as a hobby.
- Distraught over her father, Bradley attempts suicide and was institutionalised, later released.
- Norman anticipates his driver's test.
- After killing Gil, Bradley comes to Norman and asks for help.
- Nestor Carbonell has been added to the main cast as of this episode.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Bradley seduces Gil to get answers about her father. Sat on the couch, Gil tilts his head back, evidently anticipating oral sex when he looks back and comes face-to-face with Bradley's gun. Only a moment later she fires and his blood flies against the window.
- Norma: You're a dick.
- Lee Berman: Excuse me?
- Norma: Yes, I just called you a dick because that's what you are. I'm stuck here now because I can't sell my property because of your stupid bypass. I'm underwater. No one told me that before I bought it. Maybe you should talk about that at a City Council meeting. Or maybe you should talk about the fact that your fancy town is run on drug money. Maybe that would be worth talking about, as opposed to crazy house moms whining about whether or not their kids have read about axe murderers and whores. Welcome to the world, ladies! There are axe murderers and whores stuffed under every rug, so your kids better read up on it and get educated because that's what life is! It's a cesspool! You claw and scratch and fight to swim out of, but you never get to the top.