Bates Motel/Shadow of a Doubt
Shadow of a Doubt is the second episode of the second season of Bates Motel, and the twelfth episode overall.
Guest Starring: Rebecca Creskoff (Christine Heldens), Michael Eklund (Zane Morgan), Brendan Fletcher (Kyle), Kenny Johnson (Caleb Calhoun), Paloma Kwiatkowski (Cody Brennan), Michael O'Neill (Nick Ford), Ian Tracey (Remo)
Norma tries to normalise Norman by convincing him to audition in a community theatre, which distracts him from helping Bradley. In the wake of Gil's death, Dylan and Remo get a loose cannon of a boss that sets out to even the score for his predecessor's murder. Romero catches a break in the death of Miss Watson.
- In the wake of Gil's murder, the family sends Zane Morgan who quickly kills someone from the rival business in retaliation.
- The man at Blaire's grave is her father, Nick Ford who runs the rival drug family.
- Romero begins investigating the murder of Blaire Watson and arrests and charges one of the two men whose semen sample was found. The other is unknown.
- Norman meets Cody Brennan.
- Norma and Norman join a community theatre.
- Bradley takes refuge in Norman's basement until she can get a bus ticket for Boston. Norman is unable to see her off and sends Dylan who explains what Gil's murder means and has her write a suicide note he leave with some of her clothes to fake her death.
- Norma's brother arrives in town looking for her.
- This marks Nicola Peltz's last appearance in the show as a main cast member.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- The title is likely a reference to the 1943 Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name.
- Remo claims Zane sees himself as a character in Scarface, like a reference to the more famous 1983 film. He later refers to him as "Kojak".